Sitting, Part 6

Monday, September 21, 2009

Cayman sat independently!!

I know you've heard me say that before but I hope that does not diminish the excitement my words wish to carry into today's post!

I have been talking about Cayman's sitting ability, and lack of it since January, nine months ago!

For nine months she would make progress and then lose it...

make progress and then lose it...

etc...

But yesterday, Cayman sat like she has never sat before.

I do not know if she will duplicate this again, or if like all the other times she will regress in it. But I do know that when she sat up and stayed like that for 10 minutes our hearts leaped for joy. We fell into a pile of shrills, laughter, tears, and kisses. What an exciting evening it was at our house!















sitting, Part I
sitting, Part II
sitting, Part III
sitting, Part IV
sitting, Part V

28 Showin' Comment Love:

Grandma S said...

She's sitting there like a pro!

Anonymous said...

Well done Cayman! How cute are the pics (as usual)

Cayman's Daddy said...

Sooooo Proud of my little girl!

Teri D said...

This little angel is amazing. She could teach us all something, with persevereance and a little hard work anything can be accomplished.

What a blessing she is to us all.

Josephine said...

Wow, what with reading Lisa's post and now yours, I am practically in tears this morning!!! This is so exciting!!! What's wonderful to see is that not only is she sitting independently, but she is sitting SO WELL! I mean, she's not sacral sitting, she's sitting up nice and straight. She is doing so well!!! Wonderful!!!

Diane said...

That is so awesome :) Way to go Cayman. I also love the series of pictures and how you capture every expression of Cayman!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Sherri said...

She looks so great! And she's showing off lifting her hands up above her head!! How exciting. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!!

Allison said...

Yeah Cayman! Such a big girl. Can she get any cuter???

Unknown said...

Woooo Whoooo! Way to go Cayman.

Carey said...

YAY CAYMAN!!!! :):):) And Kris, our camera is a JVC Everio Camcorder. It works great and it's small so we can take it with us when we travel to places. We got it at Best Buy!

Carla said...

Yay Cayman!!! Awesome job! I'm screaming with joy too!

Lisa Christine said...

Great job Cayman!!! Such a huge accomplishment! And I love the outfit!

By the way....I was going to call you, but I can't find your phone number! Can you email it to me?

Thanks!

Katie said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

What a big day!!!

The James Family said...

That is awesome!! She looks so proud of herself!! Cayman is going to continue to amaze us all!! She is going to keep proving those doctor's wrong!! We love you guys!!

Sara said...

Oh my goodness. So cute! The face she got when she fell!! SOOOOOO cute! :-)

Michelle said...

OOOOHHHHH!!! I'm so THRILLED for you guys. How awesome is Cayman?! That's just great to see such progress! I'm bouncing!!! (Which apparently looks like exclamation points when you type a bounce!!)

Stacie W. said...

soooo very exciting! Way to go Cayman!!

Sarah M said...

Praise God!!! She is doing so amazing! I love hearing good thing after good thing about Cayman!

Amy J. said...

She is so annimated...what a little character! What an exciting day for your family!

Sue said...

Beautiful pics of a beautiful girl....good goin' Cayman!!

The Bontragers said...

Yay!! What a beautiful sight and precious photos. Cayman, you're such an inspiration!

Grandma Cindy and Aunt Madison said...

Way to go CAYMAN!!!! We knew you could do it..,.in your own time. Love you and soooo PROUD of you!!!

Renee' said...

I usually read and don't post comments but I just have to say: WAY TO GO CAYMAN!! What a great thing to see. I love the pictures especially the one where she is smiling and her tounge is kind of out to..that is precious!! I am so happy for you all and will pray that sitting continues forever!!

Debbie said...

Way to go Cayman! She is even sitting without using her hands to prop. Love photo #8--reminds me of "Home Alone". Too cute!

Anna said...

Way to go, Cayman!!

Jill S. said...

Good job Cayman!!!! We are so proud of you!

Beth said...

TOUCHDOWN, Cayman!!!!!