Baby Pool

Thursday, June 3, 2010

We have had some hot, hot humid days. The kind of steamy stickiness that makes you want to dive into a nice, sparkling blue pool.

It's satisfying to me. I was bred for this warm weather.

Cayman's belly incision cannot be submerged in water until it's fully healed. The baby pool we bought for her birthday this past March is perfect for that reason.

I would call it a mat really, not so much a pool. The great thing is, her stomach is never under water with it.

It really is a cool little item. The garden hose hooks into it and fills portions of the mat up with water. Within those filled channels there are tiny holes that allow the water to escape creating a sprinkler effect. The height of the sprinklers are controlled by changing the water pressure through the hose.

You can see how well Cayman likes it though (below). She would much rather have the water warmed first before she has to sit in it. She might need to start taking some cooler temperature baths to build up her thermal sensitivities.

11 Showin' Comment Love:

Grandma S said...

Poor baby! She's adorable even when she's crying.

Carey said...

awww! i cant help but chuckle a little though :) she is so cute.

Lisa Christine said...

I am 100% going to get one of those for Elisabeth. Thanks for the link!

I bet by the end of summer Cayman will be lovin' it!

Jill S. said...

That is a cute "pool", but I can understand her need for warmth!! Too bad you can't make the water just a bit warmer. I always wanted my kiddie pool to warm in the sun for a day when I was growing up!

I bet Lisa is right though, by the end of summer she will love it!

Michelle said...

I'm with Cayman...I won't go in unless the water is nice and warm!

Tiffany said...

That's perfect!!! Olivia HATES it when she wants to swim and the water is cold. We feel your pain Cayman!!

Kacey Bode said...

Awww, that is too cute. Very cool little pool! Ella has the same reaction to the cold water, but eventually she gets used to it and enjoys it, because I'm not nice and don't save her, ha ha!!!

David said...

hot and humid? not for me. i love the dry west coast!!!!!

and, crying baby pictures never gets old. very funny :)

Sara said...

That is too cute! I love that pool. Kadyn has a kitty pool that has a rainbow shade over it. He can not sit up so he lays in it and splashes haha!

Diane said...

I love the pool. It is super cute!! I am going to have to agree with Cayman, I like my water to be warm :-)

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

I have begged my husband to let me get a hot and cold water faucet for the outside so I can more easily fill up the kids pool so it is nice and warm. He just laughs at me since we are moving in the next couple of years it wouldn't make sense maybe at the next house.