A Pillow Case Dress

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I know I said the birthday week posts were finished but I realized, I actually have one more.

A few days before Cayman's birthday, my good friend Jill (you might remember her from this post) sent a text, informing me to watch for a package arriving in the mail soon for little Cayman.

Jill was so accurate with her shipping time that it arrived exactly the day of Cayman's birthday!

Inside was this incredible ensemble...

This photo just tickles me, the way Cayman is posing to check out her new shoes.

Jill is a master whiz at the sewing machine (she's probably laughing right now over that description). Her talent impresses me though! Jill made this outfit herself.

Bloomers...Shoes...and a Flowery Headband

Complete this adorable outfit.




I have already begun to envision all the beautiful photographs I will take of Cayman in this outfit come summer, out among the green grass and the bright blue sky.

This post also shows off Cayman's returned ability in supported standing. Within the first week of seeing the Chiropractor again, we saw significant improvement in her tolerance and endurance of weight bearing through her feet.

I love it when we can find such simple solutions.

Oh and my own back and hips are feeling better too.

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Diane said...

Aww...that outfit is adorable. Way to go Jill! Enjoy your big party today!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Carla said...

WOW! what a cute outfit:) I think I need a pillowcase dress!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful and creative outfit. Great work Jill. Cayman looks simply adorable wearing it.

Grandma S said...

So cute! Can't you imagine the adorable pictures you'll get with Cayman and Matthew together...pre-engagement pics?

My name is Sarah said...

I love your outfit Cayman. So cute:)

Josephine said...

I love it! Too cute! And how exciting that Cayman is standing again :)

Rashel and A.D. said...

what an adorable outfit! Does she sell these?

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

AWWW! She looks so sweet in that dress and bloomers. Jill did an amazing job!
I am attempting my first sewing project by whipping up Audrey a pillow case dress for her 2nd birthday party... and I can guarantee you it will NOT look like Jill's... but it should be a funny post :)

Jill S. said...

I really enjoyed making it!! It looks like she has a lot of growing room in it.

You are too sweet, and you did make me laugh! I certainly don't feel like a master whiz, but I do enjoy it as a hobby.

I loved seeing it on her and can't wait till it's warm enough to wear it!

Katie said...

My friend makes these dresses and sells them. I always thought that they were cute, but now.....

on cayman....just perfect!!!

YAY for standing again!

Tiffany said...

That is ridiculously cute!! Jill---will you make one for Olivia??? Let me know how much and I would LOVE to buy one. Adorable!!

Jiey^Mien said...

Hope it's not too late to wish happy birthday to lil Cayman..
=)
Hope there will be more great years to come for her..
And yes, she looks gorgeous in that outfit!

P/s - Good luck on the weight bearing. Seeing Cayman's progress so far, I guess it wont be long for her to master it.
It used to be a problem to my boy as well, but now, he's happily taking steps and walking by just holding our hands..

Kristen said...

Jill, it looks like you would have customers if you ever want to go into business. :)