Boring Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I fear this blog is headed in the direction of boredom. Not because of Cayman. She's always cute and fun whether in person or in picture form. But lately I am having trouble coming up with new blog posts. I like to keep each photo I post and each story a little different from each other. But lately, looking back through my pictures, I am seeing the same thing over and over...Oh look, there's another picture of Cayman playing on the floor with some toys. And another one. And here's another one. Oh but wait, this time she's got a different book! Hooray!

And to make the creative repetitiveness worse, Mike noticed that in most of the photos, Cayman is wearing the same footie jammies and with a grin on his ornery face, he teasingly asks me "Don't you ever change her clothes??" It's because of the socks situation ya know.

But I am here to confess, my creative picture taking flow is really stifling lately. Maybe you've noticed or maybe you haven't which is great because hopefully that means my effort to bring forth the best fruitful stories about the beautiful Cayman Cindy is working. But it's just not flowing from me with ease lately.

I blame it on the winter blues. We are stuck inside all day. By choice that is. If I don't have to go out in the cold, I don't. But that leaves me surrounded by the same things everyday, lacking variety that has resulted in a depletion of my creative sparks.

So I'm on a mission this week to find all sorts of new and interesting things for Cayman and I to do while we're inside, staying warm.

Wanna help us out? Tell me what kind of creative things you find appealing to do, indoors, while it's blustery cold outside? If you leave your examples, you just might find new pictures of Cayman and I doing your suggestions. :)

Stay warm.

25 Showin' Comment Love:

Grandma S said...

I don't think your blog is at all boring. I look forward to a new entry every morning.

Maybe you should let Cayman do some finger painting in the middle of your family room--that would be exciting!

Since I will have Sidney and CeCe this weekend, maybe we can meet Saturday at McDonald's playland. I'll take Cayman down the slide. There's a good action shot for you.

Aunt Madison said...

We love painting, play dough, playing princess and Barbies. How about a tall box made into a tunnel to play in...Daddy just brought me boxes home from work that we made into a play house - Mommy is just thrilled to have these boxes in the living room. I can tell because she just sat and smiled. Cayman can come over and play in my boxes too if she would want. That would really make my Mommy smile. I love you Krissy and Cayman (& Mike).

Gabriella said...

I certainly don't think your blog is boring. But, I understand how you might, as I often think the same thing: "I'm doing the same things in this house, day in, day out!" Our activities are limited for many reasons,so I look forward to the suggestions here! Maybe I can become motivated to change my routine a little too!

Thanks! I love Cayman's pj, btw!

Anonymous said...

my ideas are stolen!! :-)
First I still love reading your blog. But finger painting, or painting with a paintbrush or old toothbrush, or painting with pudding (that way if she happens to eat it), balloons, water play, bubbles, let her put cheerios in an egg carton (great fine motor, hand eye coordination, and one to one spatial recognition!!!) Or if she's good about not putting things in her mouth and you want to work on sensory put one of her favorite toys (we won't mind seeing pics of her favorite toys over and over again) in a big storage bin of uncooked noodles and help her dig for them!! Just a few ideas! Hope maybe these help!!! Love ya Kris and you are one of the most creative women I know, you can do it!!!!! :-)
Valerie

The Vigue Family said...

We are also a big fan of cardboard boxes. We have car boxes to pull across the floor, a castle our amazing babysitter made, complete with drawbridge, and smaller boxes for car garages. And lots of painting/coloring, too in our house. Winter seems endless in Maine, too, but the grassy spots are already peeking out of the snow - only a few weeks to go!
And I don't find your blog boring, at all - just a wonderful self-awareness of motherhood.

Anonymous said...

Well we're going to both have something to blog about after today!! your blog is never boring...I could see Cayman in the same pjs every day!!! We have the winter blues here too...we pushed all of the furniture in the basement to the walls for Olivia's party tomorrow and the kids went crazy running around!!

Has she ever played with shaving cream? Olivia loved that. Or pudding...or fill up a tub with potato flakes or rice and let her scoop and play? We used to also paint in the bathtub...mix a little paint and soap...

I'll try and think of more ideas!! I know winter is tough!!

Josephine said...

Your blog has never been even close to boring!! I shall give some thought to the indoors activities though...

Kendra said...

All activities my kids want to do involve bats and balls and swinging for the fences. Very dangerous to my windows and decor. I have to break my husband of that!
Your blog is never boring! I'm an addict. It's my firt thing of the morning routine.

Beth said...

Those cute pictures of Cayman are NEVER BORING!!! And she was in the same pajamas - I hadn't even noticed!! Or maybe because my kids are often photographed in the same clothing all the time!

No worries - stay warm and keep blogging!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

baking cookies is always fun too...not to mention the cookie dough you can eat! :)

Grandma Cindy said...

I HAVE AN IDEA!! Do you still have that video of Mike....Just teasing. I think you have earned the right for "writer's block" after more than 600 posts!!! The blog is NEVER boring though. Love You Sunshine! How about Mike and Cayman at the keyboard? XOXOXO How did Madison beat me????

Nichole said...

I am a daily visitor... and there is a reason for that! If it was boring -- I wouldn't visit everyday!

How about making a "color" book - using pictures of Cayman. Babies/Toddlers/Children love looking at pictures of themselves when they were younger. Making a book with a color theme is a fun way to help them learn colors. For example - the red page would contain a picture of Cayman wearing ONLY red, surrounded by ONLY red items.

Here is a blog I think you might like... a photography blog/mom blog. Read this BIRTH story FIRST - and then travel on over to the HOME page. It is amazing - and you may just get some ideas from her too.

http://enjoyingthesmallthings.blogspot.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html

Jill S. said...

Well by friend, your blog is never boring!! But I would totally get writers block if I wrote a post every day!! Heck I get it and I post a couple times a week!!

My ideas have been taken. I was going to tell you to fingerpaint with pudding or food dyed applesauce, or ketchup!!

I like the box idea!!

Ann said...

I feel like I have nothing to post about too. We should put our heads together and come up with something fun to do!

Unknown said...

Kristen,
Your blog is never boring. I look forward to seeing and hearing about Cayman every day.

And as far as Cayman being in the same PJ's, since I am on sick leave... I am usually in the same PJ's too!!

I think the finger painting and boxes sound like a go idea....

Mary

Beth said...

And I just thought - isn't Cayman's birthday coming up soon?!?!?!?

Joyce said...

I have an idea since alot of people are talking about finger painting. Put all of daddy's scarlet and grey shirts on the floor and give Cayman some blue and yellow paint. Just kidding:) We love all the pictures of Cayman, never boring.

Sue said...

Boring....that is not a word to describe your blog....I look forward to it each day!!

Lisa Christine said...

Beth is right....the birthday is coming...start blogging some party details :)

Also, some of my favorite posts that you do are ones about decor/organization. My all time favorite: your broom closet makeover. I am still drooling over your incredible closet.

As for Cayman.....I don't think we ever bore of seeing her daily life of learning and exploring.

And your photography is always brilliant!

Diane said...

I agree with everyone else...your blog is far from boring. And I love seeing Cayman no matter what she is wearing. I love the footie pj's. I was also going to suggest painting. Tyler just did feet painting at the babysitters. I would of never though of putting feet in paint but it was super cute.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Diana Parker said...

You don't know me, but I also read your blog every day, and it can't be too boring, because I keep coming back. Cayman is adorable, and I am such a sucker for a cute kids with parents who not only adore the child but each other, and both of those facts shine through clearly in your posts. It's why I love Lisa's blog, too. My heart melts at least twice every day.

Katie said...

Your blog is NOT boring. NO WAY!


You are GREAT at the photography. Sometimes I feel like that with my clients...and yes...with Lilah's pictures too. BUT...you are doing great. We all LOVE seeing Cayman. She is AMAZING!

ideas....hmmm....ideas
1. cayman with ALL of your hats you make...like a blizzard of hats
2.cayman in a sea of yarn
3. puzzles
4. baking..yes, it is messy, but how cute with her hands in flour, sugar, rice...oh and some in her hair....oh the sensory exploration!


I will think of more...if I can.

Tara said...

A good fine motor action one would be to let her make pudding with you. Let her help stir. Or put some cotton balls in a bowl and some paper clips in there too. Obviously make it Cayman friendly. But it is a great way to make it into something that is good for her fine motor skills :)

Gretchen said...

For sure, the kitchen floor band. I let Ari get into the cupboards and pull out pots and pans and then we get wooden spoons and make beautiful music by banging ans laughing and signing. Plastic bowls for hats is obligatory :)

Sherri said...

Your blog could never be boring! I would gladly look at photos of her in her little footie jammies every day! I think I can speak for all of your readers when I say that we all truly love Cayman and just seeing her smiling face is enough to make anyone's day!