Trouble with Socks

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Have you noticed, lately in many of the pictures, Cayman is always wearing footie jammies?

There's a reason for that.

One, it could be because I take a lot of pictures in the early morning. That's when the best sunlight shines through our lovely family room.

Well, that is true, but it's actually not the reason.

It is because I have a little girl that will not leave her socks on.

And oh those little piggys get so cold!! That upsets Grandpa Mark terribly. So Cayman has been wearing a lot of footie jammies lately.

And tights.

She can't get those off yet.

I do believe Cayman has something against socks.

I have found socks stuffed inside of her Gum Ball toy...

Or when Cayman wakes up from her nap and I peak in to find the bare footed little darling but no socks to be seen, I can usually find them so brutally tossed behind her crib, lying on the floor.

That little mind just astounds me!

18 Showin' Comment Love:

Josephine said...

Haha! Brogan has just recently figured out how to take socks off too, so I'm always finding him with one or no socks on...! I have to put him in footie pajamas a lot too, but it's no actually because he takes his socks off, it's because it's the only way I can keep his hands out of his diaper! He is obsessed with his boy parts :)

Kendra said...

Both my boys will pull their socks off at any chance! Malachi does it while he's nursing, and Kenneth will do it as soon as we walk in the door at home.

Anonymous said...

Olivia and Cayman are soul sisters, I swear!! Olivia STILL wears footie pjs...on backwards...so she can't get them off!! She HATES socks. We do the tights trick too. She doesn't seem to mind but it drives my MIL and Mom crazy!!

BTW, totally figured out how to do bokeh!! Thanks for your help. :)

Heather said...

found your blog through another blog (Mo of Four) I just wanted to tell you that your daughter is beautiful. And the sock trouble is a common one. I remember when the girls were little they would take off socks when we were out and about-I finally had to get all the same socks-boring white, because if not I wouldn't have matching sets to put them in.

Diane said...

LOL..I love to hear how she problem-solves. When she doesn't like something she gets rid of it. She seems pretty determined :)

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

Removing socks is one of those early fine motor skills. And holding her feet to reach them is good ab exercise. Guess Cayman is a summer-kind-of-girl. ;)

Barbara

Lisa Christine said...

perhaps if you buy her some knee high argyles from GAP she will feel differently about socks....lol!

David said...

that's hilarious! the little girl does not like socks! lol
and i'm sure she is secretly plotting how to deal with the footie onesies!

David said...

LOL lisa beat me by two minutes. we must have been reading your blog at the same time!

word verification: clade

Carrie said...

We did the tights thing, too, with my daughter. She was constantly pulling her socks off, but she couldn't get those off!

Amy J. said...

I love love love that photo of the socks beneath her bed! You are getting so dang good at photography! I hadn't noticed about the PJ's until you mentioned it and then I realized that she had been in her cumfies a lot lately. (but then so have I, that's what January is all about!)

Your new blog header looks great!

Ever since Branson has had his cast on he refuses to NOT have a sock on his other foot. I think it must feel wierd or something. I'm sorry but Josephine's comment made me laugh out loud. With 3 boys of my own and one being a toddler...Yep...that's a boy for ya. :)

Lisa Christine said...

I just noticed your new blog header. Darling....but now your cell phone is obsolete...lol. Maybe Mike can order you the new one for Valentines Day!

SuzanSayz said...

I think that babies and toddlers just plain love the challenge of taking those darn socks off. I'm pretty sure that each one of my children did that too. Shawn would take his off but then he would bring them to me and want me to put them back on his feet. That's pretty much still how things can be with him. I use the term Apples And Oranges with him a lot. For him, the fun of getting those socks off had absolutely NOTHING to do with wanting those nice warm socks back on his feet.
In Cayman's case though it looks like she just plain does not like them. I love her little efforts to try and make them go away!

Michelle said...

Even though I've been slacking on the comments - major computer issues in the last few weeks! - I've been following Cayman's progress. She's doing so well, it's so exciting!

*Monica said...

Jack takes his off as soon as the shoes come off! He will get highly upset if they don't come off. All hail the feety pajamas!

My name is Sarah said...

You are so silly Cayman:)

Sara said...

Kadyn is the same way!! haha. Kadyn won't keep his socks on, and in order to put shoes on I have to put a sock on followed by the shoe on one foot then the other foot.

Ann said...

We can't keep shoes or socks on Jason. He comes home from daycare almost everyday with shoes and no socks. They can't figure out what he's doing with them. There should be a huge stash somewhere! Needless to say our kiddos will be happy when the warmth of summer comes and socks are not such a necessity!