A Mini-Vacation

Friday, July 17, 2009

We have been on vacation for the last couple days!

My very good friend Tammi, her husband Matt, and their three kids (Hunter, Keegan, and Triniti) flew in from Arizona to remind us all back here in Ohio that they haven't forgotten us. It has been two years since they packed up and moved their sweet family to Arizona. We have missed them!!

To spend some extra time with our friends during their visit back to Ohio and sneak in a much needed get-away for us, Mike took a couple days off work and we joined the James family at the Holiday Inn Waterpark.

Cayman seemed to be opinion-less about the waterpark. She was quiet most of the time with very few expressions! She didn't have much to "say" about the lazy river. Cayman was most happy and full of smiles when she was moving fast down the waterslides.

Mike, Cayman, and I stayed one extra day at the waterpark after we said a very difficult good-bye to our friends. Cayman even gave Tammi a kiss. If you remember from this post, I wrote about how she's very stingy about her kisses.

I had another mishap occur with my computer (which returned to me this week) but unfortunately all of my pictures from our time with the James' at the waterpark are gone! So sad! Thank God Tammi took a lot of pictures! I will have to get copies from her.

But here are a few pictures from the extra day we stayed...

I'm pretty certain that that is an exaggerated expression on Mike's face unless he finds the kiddie slide pretty intense...(see below)



When the "Splash" bucket up top gets filled up with water, a bell dings, the bucket tips, and spills out heaping amounts of water!

I did manage to capture one smile from Cayman while floating on the Lazy River and she's only smiling because Mike is pushing the tube along quickly. This kid is built for speed!


It's too bad the waterpark's rules do not allow a child Cayman's size to go down the waterslides. It was Cayman's favorite part and we would have done it all day if we were allowed!


***Please keep Tammi and her family in your prayers again! In this past post of mine I asked you to pray for their daughter Triniti. This dear family has received more devastating news. Tammi has been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer. Please join me in asking God to work His miracles for this sweet family.

5 Showin' Comment Love:

Jill S. said...

I'm glad you had such a good time!! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm so sorry for your friends family, they have really had a hard year! I will keep them in my prayers.

Lisa Christine said...

What fun! I love Cayman's expressions (and Mikes too! You had me fooled with the first picture of him going down the slide...I thought it was going to be a huge one!) Also, Cayman is looking so big in your arms!

Diane said...

What a blast!! I have to agree I was expecting a little bit bigger of a slide too!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and sounds like your friends needed that too. I will be keeping them in my prayers.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Sherri said...

I am lifting up your friends in prayer. What I wouldn't give to know why God chooses certain people to go through so much.But we won't know those things this side of heaven.
Cayman is really starting to look more and more like Mommy! Thanks for sharing the fun photos.

Katie said...

What a GREAT park. It looks like you all had a great time.

I will pray for Tammi. I am SO sorry to hear the news. What about a bone marrow donor? Would that help? Are there options? I will pray for her!