Operation Project::: Move that Garage!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Have you ever thought to yourself, "We could really use a bigger garage."?

Me too.

Have you ever thought to yourself, "We could really use a better storage building in our back yard."?

Yep, I have.

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Hey, why don't we just cut off the existing attached garage from the house, move it to the back yard, and use it for the storage building and then just build from scratch a bigger garage onto the house. Yeah that'll work."?

That. I have not.

I myself am capable of thinking in such big ways but that's as far as it usually goes.

However, for my sister {and her husband}, they are amazing at the ideas they produce and accomplish with the help of a very experienced contractor who just happens to be a blessed friend and neighbor to them.

So of course when I learned of what seemed to me to sound like a crazy idea, I wanted to be certain to be present for the show.

Wouldn't you be interested in watching an entire portion of a house be hoisted up onto a trailer and be literally driven to the back yard, all the while hoping the structure of it doesn't fall a part and the whole project fail right before their eyes?

Or does such interest in watching this sort of thing come from only living in a small town completely surrounded by corn fields and so very little much else to do?

We were not the only ones showing up for the action. My sister's driveway looked like a used parking lot. And the fences in the backyards stretching down their street had neighbors leaning on them watching as well.

It was quite the festive afternoon.

And hooray for them, it was a success!








9 Showin' Comment Love:

Grandma Cindy said...

Quite the entertaining afternoon! I wonder what Dan & Lindsay would say if Stacey would say...I changed my mind...just kiddin...

Diane said...

Wow, I would have never thought that would work. Even though you were telling me they did this, I still didn't think it was possible until I saw the pictures. That's crazy!?! So glad it worked. I'm sure they are going to love the extra storage in the back yard.

Tiffany said...

That's crazy!!!

Jill S. said...

Wow!!! That is awesome and crazy all rolled up into one! What a great idea though! A good use of resources! And yay for more space!

David said...

did the family get to go on vacation while the workers worked, like on home makeover? lol

Jennifer said...

That is completely awesome! :cD

*Monica said...

Amazing!

Lisa Christine said...

They are brave and ambitious! Wow!

Dan said...

Thanks for the great pictures and for the main act we will... Just joking, we got the wall on today and hopefully will have it sided by the middle of next week.