20 weeks pregnant

Tuesday, September 28, 2010


This week is a significant milestone in pregnancy...or is it?

20 weeks today. It's the half way mark.

It's also the time when everything changed for us before. The ultrasound indicated that my first pregnancy was not going to be the "perfect" pregnancy I had dreamed of. We learned our baby girl was in danger. What a strong and powerful feeling that was.

Today we slip into this 20th week of pregnancy with an ease and a tender remembrance of the time before.

A different story is being written for us this time.

Things are calm. So very calm.

I am still settling into that.

It's strange.

It's peaceful.

It's sweet.

I snuggle my Cayman close to me. She's such a big girl now. She sits next to me on the couch as we watch some more "Signing Times" together. My one arm wrapped around her, my other resting gently on my baby bump.

And I think to myself...

"I love these everyday miracles."

10 Showin' Comment Love:

Lisa Christine said...

What a tender mercy that you are able to enjoy this pregnancy with ease and peace of mind...and with your miracle Cayman at your side.

And what a beautiful picture :)

Jill S. said...

What a sweet belly bump!! I LOVE it!!! You are the cutest pregnant person I know! Grow baby Grow!!!

Grandma S said...

I believe your belly has grown since Saturday!

Michelle said...

Lovin' the bump! And so happy for you that you are getting to enjoy things this time around.

*Monica said...

Life is amazing, isn't it! Beautiful baby belly.

Beth said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Tommie said...

Beautiful. Both the words and the picture.

Diane said...

All babies are true miracles and am glad you are able to enjoy this one in a calming way.

Also, I love the bump!

Tiffany said...

Miracles indeed!! You look great!! So cute. :)

Uncle Ty Ty said...

Belly bump?? are you sure that you aren't having twins? Thats a pretty BIG belly bump. Belly mountain maybe. :)