It's a...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dear little one in the womb,

Today I got a peek at you. For about an hour I watched as the technician carefully checked over every part of you, taking down your measurements, and examining all your major organs. And baby, even at peace as I was throughout the day, I still held my breath a little and was silently uttering prayers through out this process. Prayers asking for you to be healthy. But then I stopped for a moment to think and my prayers began to change [just slightly] to asking God for you to be growing just as He wants you to be. Because, you see Little One, life is always more prosperous when it's set to His will. I prayed that for your big sister too and I believe He answered it correctly. And I have been growing in that answer ever since. You never know what miracles the Father has in store. And you, my precious Little One, are my beautiful miracle boy. Healthy, a great size, and active. Really active! Mama thought she was feeling you a lot but I was surprise to learn how many of your movements I do not feel yet. We watched your hands go to your face. You arched your back and kicked your feet turning from side to side. And those tiny little hands of yours were opening and closing, making fists. You turned as if to face us. I grinned and grinned and couldn't stop grinning. Your daddy looked at me and smiled. He was a little misty eyed too. Wow how we do love you! That feeling always amazes me, just how much you can love someone that you have not met face to face. We can truly hardly wait to see you with your big sister. Raising the two of you together is going to be amazing! And what a privilege it will be for me. We're praising God for you, our precious baby boy!

Love,

Mommy and Daddy


The profile. These are my favorites.



These ultrasound pictures can be hard to tell what you're seeing sometimes. This is the baby with his face looking at you. The dark spots are the eye sockets. And there's even a little hand in there holding up a finger (Note, it's not the naughty one. Unlike Cayman. Remember this post? She still does that.)



Oh yes, and there are the boy parts! He revealed them freely during the whole scan but kept other parts hidden, like his heart and head, making the technician work hard to get him to move to a better viewing position for her.



There's a hand.



A long, skinny leg and foot, just like his big sister's.




And there he is, in 3D with his hand over his ear. Perhaps this was during the moment I was yelling at Cayman to sit down, who had by this time stood up in her stroller and was being fully ornery and active herself. She's hit a stage where she's getting daring and experiencing "normal" bumps and bruises for a change. And this little mama is experiencing heart failure during those times I have watched her take some scary looking tumbles.


Did I mention, life is so good?

It is oh so good!




**Happy Birthday today to my sister Stacey!

29 Showin' Comment Love:

Beth said...

FIRST???

Oh he is beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Can't wait to "meet" him!

Jamie said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Funny how I don't even know you in real life, yet I've been anxiously checking in all day waiting to hear the news! I voted boy. I figured since you already have a perfect little girl, that just seemed right. P.S. Boys are awesome!

Molly said...

YAY!!!!! It's a booooooy.

Jennifer said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Tara said...

Yay!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Im so happy for you!!!

Brad and Amy said...

Awesome news! Congrats!

I loooved Cayman's message on Claire's blog, by the way! I can't wait 'til Claire can write her back! : )

The James Family said...

Yay!! So happy for you guys!! You'll have a lot of fun with a little boy - there is just something about a mommy and her little boy - he'll steal your heart fast!! Maybe someone for Trinit... she could go for someone younger! :) Love you Kris!! I'm so glad today was a great day for you guys!! :)

My name is Sarah said...

OH Yea!!! another BUCKEYE fan4life. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Kristin said...

congratulations! So exciting! I'm glad he's an active healthy little boy. I find myself perplexed by asking God for a healthy baby, because in medical terms Abigail wasn't healthy, but I wouldn't change anything about her, but it feels wrong to pray for another with disabilities. so I like how you put it, I'll just pray for the baby to be just as God wants him/her (we have a while til we find out) to be.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! May god continue to bless your family!!

Jill S. said...

YAY!!! I voted boy (like 4 or 5 times (: )...I am so excited! I prayed for peace today for you and Mike, peace during the ultrasound and knowing that God has your baby wrapped up in His arms. I can't wait to meet this baby!! Grow, baby Grow!!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh happy day! Oh happy day! A beautiful baby boy Stamm is on the way....what a blessing!

Josephine said...

Oh hooray hooray!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I was secretly hoping that you would have a boy, it is so wonderful to be able to experience raising both - they're so different!! I am so glad that he is looking so healthy and active!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! A little boy!

Shannon said...

YAYAYAYAY! Congratulations! Cayman is going to be an awesome big sister, and how awesome that you get to experience boy-dom too! (They're so different and equally as wonderful as girls!) :)
So happy to hear the healthy report, and we continue to keep y'all in prayer!

Dawn said...

Yay!I'm so happy for you! Wonderful pictures, what an exciting time for your family :)

Linda said...

YEA! Great to see your good news! I too have been checking all day waiting to see if Cayman has a brother or sister! Boys are awesome as Jamie said...I know because I have three! CONGRATS!

dswillis said...

So very happy for you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I have been trying to get here all day to find out the results! I had to giggle about your comment about Cayman... Lily has been doing the same thing lately!

Jen said...

How exciting, a little man in your house! Prayering that he continues to stay safe and grows strong.

Diane said...

I am so excited for you. Cayman is going to be an awesome big sister. Congratulations!!!!

Kacey Bode said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are so wonderful, of course so are girls....but there is just something about a little boy. One of each, it's perfect : ) Now I can't wait to hear what names you pick out!!!!

David said...

i am far from first on this one! well, i voted correctly on the poll, do i win a prize? future star quarterback at ohio st., right? :)

Sara said...

Awwws! He i going to be so handsome! If you could use any extra boyclothes for him PLEASE let me know. I have clothes coming out of my ears :).

Congrats to you all!! (I voted boy btw) :)

Gabriella said...

A BOY! So magical! God bless!

Sarah M said...

So happy for the way God is answering prayers for your little boy! The pictures are great and I am just so happy for your family!!!!

Tiffany said...

I knew it!!! :) I love this letter. He will treasure it so much one day. I'm so excited for you guys!! You WILL LOVE having a boy!!

*Monica said...

Yaaaah! I am the big sister to a little brother and love it. I am so happy that "little man" was good for his ultrasound!

I can't wait to see Cayman's face when he is born.

Gretchen said...

I voted BOY! Yippie! Boys are great!! A little brother for Cayman, very exciting!