Niagara Falls Vacation: Maid of the Mist

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Before boarding the Maid of the Mist I tightly tucked away my DSLR camera inside of a plastic bag and checked it twice to be sure I sealed off all openings. I had remembered from my last trip to Niagara Falls ten years ago that the Maid of the Mist is a bit of a misnomer. You get drenched by the end of the 20 minute boat ride. The blue ponchos we were given to wear just could not hold back all the wind and the rain of the waterfalls.

Totally worth it!

So with my DSLR sheltered deeply under the stroller I took out our waterproof point and shoot. There is many things about that camera I just have not liked. For one, I was planning to get a another lens for my DSLR but Mike had the idea of buying a waterproof camera instead, thinking of all the fun we would have with it on such trips like this. He bought it with a fully returnable policy though. That is how he talks me into things I am reluctant to buy. If there's no strings attached and I'm not left with an item I don't like in the end, then I am willing to give it a try. And I have to say, the man was right {and much smarter than an accountant - see comment section of my last post, hehe}! The waterproof camera has been fun!

{more to come of the other ways we've used it on this vacation}






Jill, Michelle, me, and Diane.
note to self: tell Mike to make sure the lens is wiped clean of any water droplets before taking a picture.
{Okay, that's my last crack toward my husband about his photo taking skills. I really love it when he takes pictures.}




{This photo was taken by Michelle's nice camera. I had to be sure the credit didn't go to the cheapo point and shoot.}

7 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

Kristen,

I went on this trip last summer. It was awesome!
I'm so glad you were able to get together with all of your friends. Such a nice vacation!!! And what beautiful pictures!!

Mary

Jill S. said...

Ooh, again, Love your pictures. You could have told me to shut up when you were videoing!! All I hear there for a while is my loud mouth!

Kristen said...

Jill,

If you had a loud mouth, then what would you call Mike's in the video? :)

Grandma S said...

I think in a few years Cayman's going to like roller coasters and other things that go fast. Grandma will have someone to play with.

I love your picture of the Maid of the Mist with the rainbow.

david, alexandra's uncle said...

you've been there before?

Pallavi said...

Beautiful Pictures !!
I really wonder, the place is so beautiful or you/your camera has some trick :)

Tiffany said...

Fun pictures!!!