Surgery Number 12 Tomorrow

Sunday, July 25, 2010

***Surgery is scheduled for mid morning, around 9:30 a.m. It's outpatient so we will be going home the same day.***

Will you pray for our family as Cayman goes into surgery tomorrow morning [Monday] for tubes to be put in her ears?

It is considered minor, I know this. But when it comes to my kid, surgery is surgery, and I feel no "minor" regarding it. My heart always skips a beat when they carry her away to the operating room. I'm guessing that never goes away.

While sedated, she will also under-go a thorough CT scan of her middle ear and brain. Then an ABR hearing test will be conducted.

I'll let you know the news.

Thanks so much for caring and praying for our little girl.

12 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you all, hope it goes smoothly for Cayman.

GAL, AL said...

Will definitely be Praying for our Cayman and for you. Praying all goes well and quickly. Will she have to stay overnight and what time is her surgery? XXOO for Cayman. Love you!

Sue said...

Thoughts and prayers will be coming your way!! You are right....seeing your daughter going away for surgery....that 'feeling' never goes away. I always knew that when we were in Toledo Hospital that we had a doc that I knew would always take care of her...no matter what, and that was a great feeling too. Will be anxious to hear that all went well....and it will!!

Michelle said...

I finally sat down this morning to catch up on all the blogs since my return from the beach. Looks like you guys had a great time on your beach vacation too!

We will be praying not only for an easy insertion for the tubes, but for good results on the ABR as well!

Diane said...

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I hope all goes well.

Diane, Tyler's mom

David said...

good luck cayman!

Sara said...

i agree no surgery is minor. i will be praying of course!!

Diana Parker said...

Praying--poor little thing...and poor mama!

Kristen said...

Surgery is scheduled for mid morning, around 9:30 a.m. It's outpatient so we should be going home the same day.

Gabriella said...

Absolutely will be praying for you and Cayman tomorrow.

Lisa Christine said...

Here's hoping all goes smoothly in the morning :)

By the way, I love the hats on your new baby niece. Especially the one with the thick cream yarn: adorable.

Jill S. said...

I'll be praying also! Megan had tubes when she was a tot and I couldn't believe how quick they were. I hadn't even finished crying when they told me they were done :)..With the ABR, I'm sure she'll be under for a bit longer, but the tubes themselves are so quick..it's unbelievable. Surgery is never easy to send your kids back though, no matter how minor..lifting you up and will be interested to hear the results of the testing!