Ssssh, Don't Wake the Baby

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A conversation between an Aunt and her littlest and newest of nieces:

In a whisper I spoke, "Makenna, if I promise to not interrupt your sweet little nap you are contently taking right now, will you let Aunt Kristen try on all my favorite newborn hats on you that I've made?"

Silence.

Well, she didn't say no.









15 Showin' Comment Love:

Sara said...

I really, really, really, LOVE your hats! Such talent! I wish I had the time and patients to do that! :)

Josephine said...

Oh my goodness, so adorable!!!! Only a newborn could sleep like that :) The hats are beautiful, and the model is gorgeous!

*Monica said...

so sweet!! I love every single one of your hats!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. The baby is beautiful also. Thanks for sharing

Jill S. said...

You've been a busy girl knitting hats!! They are all so cute! Love each one of them!! And what a cutsey little niece you have!! She is precious!

P.s Starting to count down; 11 more days!! Can't wait!

My name is Sarah said...

How cute!!!!!!

Diane said...

Those hats are adorable as is your niece.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Tara said...

Oh my goodness!!! I need some of these!! Kristen if your up for making some let me know!! By the way STINKIN cute baby!!!

Grandma S said...

What a sleeping beauty!

Tiff said...

Oh my goodness you've been busy! I'm not sure what's cuter...that hats or the baby!!

Katie said...

I just learned to crochet a few months ago. LOVE these hats! Do you follow a pattern for these? If so, where did you find them?

Kristen said...

Katie,

For these particular hats I didn't follow a pattern. I just crocheted various of basic crochet stitches in a round to create a hat.

www.crochetpatterncentral.com has a lot of free patterns. I have found some inspiration and learning techniques through that website.

Katie said...

Thanks, Kristen! By the way, your faith and perspective never cease to amaze me.

Kristen said...

Thanks Katie!

Unknown said...

LOVE those hats!! You've got some talent Kristen. You can take picture's and make them look like a postcard. You make adorable hats too!

By the way, how far along are you?? You aren't showing whatsoever!