Promising Signs

Friday, May 7, 2010

It's been an enlightening day, mixed with signs of improvements but still so much recovery ahead of her.

For a brief moment we saw these delightful expressions return to Cayman's face...


Pure evidence of what prayer can do!

I'll try to update with more details later this evening or tonight.

God bless you all!

Love,

Kristen

36 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see her smiling face!

Prayers continuing for you all.
xx

Stryker Local Schools said...

WOW! What an awesome God!!!

Nichole said...

Whew! Those pics were so good to see!

Anonymous said...

I've been religiously checkin for an update today...and it brings tears and smiles to my face to see that beautiful smile again! Still praying for you all!!!
The Rice Family

Grandma Cindy said...

Have you ever seen such a BEAUTIFUL smile?!?!? This Grandma hasn't! XOXOXO

Diane said...

That smile just made my day. I have been on pins and needles all day at work, since I can't get any FB or blogs at work. So the first thing I did when I got home was to check in and that smile just lifted all my worries. I am glad to see that she is getting her personality back. I will continue to keep praying and thinking of you guys in the days to come.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

It is SO GOOD to see her face :)
God is good!!

Bree said...

I just got off of work and have been thinking about Sweet Cayman all day. When I got home I was happy to log on and see her smiling face. It sure is catchy and uplifting. My prayers are still with your family. Take care!

Debbie said...

So glad to see her smile! Praise God!

My name is Sarah said...

Oh Cayman, Look at you!!! Smiling even when your in the PICU. You are so sweet. I hope they make you all better really soon.

Carla said...

That smile is precious & made my day, prayers are still in effect!

dswillis said...

Her smile made my day as well

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

God bless that beautiful smile!! Praying for more improvements and answers from the doctors.

Aunt Madison said...

Can't wait for you to come home so we can play. I love you and miss you! Your smile made me smile and my Mom cry. She is so silly sometimes. XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Bless her little heart!!! What a wonderful sight of her smiling face! We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers!

Diana Parker said...

So happy to see that smile!

Jennifer said...

She's such a doll! I love her smile so much!

Lindsey Alexander said...

Kristen -
My name is Lindsey and I've been following your blog for some time now. I pray for Cayman daily and was heartbroken to see her so sick:-( The Lord is AMAZING....he has BIG plans for your beautiful baby!! With His help she'll be good as new in no time:-) Thank you for sharing your story with us. You courage amazes me....you truly are an inspiration to me and many! We'll keep our prayers coming today and always:-)

Lindsey

Sue said...

You have no idea how those pictures bring peace to me. I know there is a recovery time, but to see that smile, that beautiful face....it just makes me feel like....all is well....not completly of course, but you have jumped a huge hurdle just by seeing that sparkle in her eyes. As always....in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

So beautiful. We will continue praying for her!

Anonymous said...

You have one amazing little girl. God is awesome.

SuzanSayz said...

How incredible to see that wonderful smile!
She is such a little Trooper!

*Monica said...

Way to go Cayman!! I am sending hugs and love to you and your parents!

Jodi said...

So happy to see a smile on that beautiful little face tonight....I prayed for your little Cayman today...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband....Keep the faith!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

That smile! Oh, I'm so happy to see a glimpse of her little personality returning...what a little fighter she is!
Praising God with you for the providence He's already shown, and pleading that the next days go seamlessly. May you tangibly feel Him carrying your weariness, Kristen! (And Mike, too!)

Josephine said...

i haven't been online for a couple of days so only just read about this news. so so sorry that your sweet family is having to go through such scary times. my family is praying for yours.

Anonymous said...

Love that smile. Brought tears to my eyes. Continuing to send you all prayers and well wishes.

~ Kelly (Tyler's Mom)

Sara said...

Kristen,

You should get a piece a tape a pink marker and write beautiful girl on it then stick it to her hat :).

I did that with Kadyn...minus the pink and minus the girl part LOL! It kinda brightens you up more when you look at that and it's more warming I guess you can say.

I was taking Kadyn in for crankiness and he had a small seizure yesterday but once the rain stopped he was showing improvements so I'm holding off to see what tomorrow has in store.

Still praying for you guys!

Tara said...

Oh Kristen! God is great and just remember he is right there with you!!! We are praying very hard for your family!

Jennifer said...

OH! That smiles just makes my heart glad!!!! Still praying for you guys!

Kim said...

You all are in my prayers. Little Cayman is one strong little girl!

Jill S. said...

So good to see the smile...her personality is there!! It might take her a little bit to get back on her feet, but she looks so good!! Praying for a super quiet weekend for you all!

Unknown said...

It was so good to see smiling Cayman!! I have been so worried about her...and saying prayers for her all day long!
Thanks for taking time to update all of us who love and care for Cayman, her Mommy & Daddy!

Mary

Gabriella said...

You have a strong little girl! God bless!

Bonnie said...

oh my goodness she is sooo adorable:) Her smile just melts anyones heart!!!