Such Love

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sometimes love means wanting to make the best home possible for his wife...

Sometimes love means seeing those areas that can be made better and following through to make them happen...

At times that means such love will be motivated to get up and work on his free Saturdays (including on his own birthday) to tear out old cabinets, mop a dirty basement floor, sweep up the cobwebs.

Such love listens to his wife's fear of low profile, open beam basement ceilings. And when there's no possible way of installing drywall or a drop ceiling, love sometimes means going to the drawing board to find another way to make it comfortable for his wife so she can do laundry with less fear.

Such love he demonstrates to me while he exhausts his arms spray painting every ceiling beam of our basement that has always felt to me like it had all the cinder-block charm of a prison cell to now give it a more fresh, bright, breezy feel.




I appreciate the man I've got!

6 Showin' Comment Love:

Josephine said...

He's a Keeper :)

Lisa Christine said...

I just saw him post about this on facebook.

A good man indeed!

Jill S. said...

Way to go Mike!!

Kristen, I can't believe you are in the basement!! Does this mean the laundry duty has been turned over??
:)

*Monica said...

What a good guy!

Kristen said...

Jill,

Yep, I was actually down in the basement! Amazing isn't it? I wish you could see it now. It's so bright and fresh looking with the ceiling painted white. We have the walls and floor to paint yet. Then get a new shelving unit for my storage bins...and then I will finally feel more at ease about the place. And laundry duty will be switched over at last. Mike is really excited about that one. :)

Tiffany said...

Such love indeed!!!