Good-byes

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

We said goodbye to Jill and Matthew yesterday.

*sniff, sniff*

In the words of Anne of Green Gables, Jill is such a kindred spirit and I feel truly blessed to have found myself a real bosom friend. Those dang 700 miles that lie between us are a real problem though.

I have many pictures from our visit with them. I will be sharing those soon, so stay tuned.

And...

Yesterday we reached the glorious one year mark since Cayman's last surgery!

A whole year!

Can you believe it?!

There was a time when I wondered if we'd ever know what that would feel like!

And can I just say...

It feels good!!

7 Showin' Comment Love:

Tiffany said...

I hope you had a wonderful visit. You two are belssed to have each other!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Diane said...

I'm sure you guys had a blast together. I so excited for our August trip!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Jill S. said...

Kristen,

What can I say other than I had a fabulous time! Thank you for putting up with Matthew not being at his best and all the driving! I truly had an awesome time!

What a blessing it is to have a friend like you! The words of Anne of Green Gables do so seem to ring true!

Even though the miles between us are many, I've asked to have my mansion in heaven be right next to yours! Then we can be neighbors for eternity :)

Love ya!!

Cayman's Daddy said...

Yeah Baby!!! I get my wife and child back! :)

Lisa Christine said...

I loved your Anne of Green Gables reference :) (I am a fan)

So glad that you and Jill got to spend some time together (and Cayman and Matthew too!)

Katie said...

I bet you had a great time.

Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures.

Sara said...

I am so glad you had a good time! A year with no surgery is a good feeling :)