Home Sweet Home for One Year

Friday, March 19, 2010

March holds another special occasion, besides Cayman's birthday. It's the anniversary month of when we moved into our current Home Sweet Home.

My greatest dream in the materialistic world has always been to have a spacious, beautiful house of my own! I can easily get lost in imagining what every corner of my true dream house would look like if I'd ever have the amazing opportunity to build it.

But I have to say, I definitely feel spoiled with the home we have now even if it's not exactly what I would design. If I could, I would hug my house because I just love it that much! To have a place to call my own and have room to stretch out and grow a little is such a blessing.

Over this past year, it has been a love/hate relationship though. There is so much work to be done on our house and parts of it are very inconvenient to deal with on a regular basis. On the market it was not labeled as a move-in-ready, that's for sure. And even though we're not very handy people, Mike and I decided to take on the task of loving this home and improving its value.

And that's where I am learning patience. You see, I have it all imagined and sorted out in my mind of the updated plans and knowing what I want to see completed on our house, but the money tree grows its goods rather slowly. But it will come, one thing at a time and I will cherish its value all the more because I had to work and wait on it.

It is a gratifying feeling when we do complete a project on our house, big or small. To step back and feel proud of our little corner of the world that we call our own.

February 2009, before it was our house.

March 2010, one year after we moved in.

15 Showin' Comment Love:

Stephanie said...

Love the changes and your decorating!

Josephine said...

What I've seen of the house looks just beautiful - you've done a great job!

Angela said...

I still like that couch. Best improvement...the FLOORS!!

Cayman's Daddy said...

Everyone check out Kristen's Grass she is growing on the table and mantel... :)

Jill S. said...

I love your wood floors!! You guys have done such a beautiful job!!!

Diane said...

What an amazing makeover. I love the hardwood floors.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Tiffany said...

You have done so much already and it is beautiful. Good things are always worth the wait!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

I love your style! The floors are beautiful!

Lisa Christine said...

March is the month that we moved into our house too! In fact, we are having our annual birthday party for the house (it's 5th) next week!

I just love your home (from the pictures I see). It looks like something from a catalog.....complete perfection!

Congrats on one year in your home!

Michelle said...

I like your version much better...seriously, the old way looked like my great-grandma's house -too formal, not allowed to touch anything and I get nervous just looking at the picture. Yours looks inviting and homey, definitely an improvement.

Sara said...

like your grass lol!

Your house is beautiful! I can not wait until I can have a place to call my own!

Gabriella said...

Now that is one significant change! You have a gift in decorating and renovating! Love it!

Sarah M said...

You have been able to make so much progress in just a year! It looks great and is such a warm, inviting home to go to. I look forward to seeing all the changes you make as it becomes more and more your style.

Anonymous said...

You've done beautifully!

Warning from a homeowner for 12 years, the projects are never ending. But look on that as a good thing, and you will continue to want to hug your home. Barbara

Sherri said...

Fab- u- lous!!!!
LOOOOVE the grass :)