Eating with a Fork

Monday, March 29, 2010

Cayman has been learning to eat with a fork. She completely entertains us at our dinners as we watch, mesmerized by her cuteness.

She sure is looking and acting older.

She'll push the fork at the pieces of food, rarely accomplishing a successful stabbing without some help but she never minds that. As long as she can drag the fork through the ketchup or barbecue sauce, she is completely satisfied.

Condiments are her favorite part anyways.




10 Showin' Comment Love:

Cayman's Daddy said...

Soon she'll be cooking for us. :)

Grandma S said...

I bet she'll like to eat corn on the cob this summer. We'll let her dip it in bbq sauce.

These links to previous posts are killing me. I always have to click on one, then another one, and another one. I can't get away from it. Maybe I should wait to check the blog until after work--not before.

I love the link to when Mike videoed Cayman feeding herself. I remember that video and can't believe it's been a year since then. That was before she would fling everything in sight and before she got that little "attitude" that she has. It's fun to see how much she has progressed.

Diane said...

She looks so big holding that fork and feeding herself. I love seeing all the progress she is making. Keep it up, Cayman. I'm sure she will be stabbing her food by herself in no time.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

Go Cayman! Olivia knows how to use one...but still prefers her fingers!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for quite awhile now but this is the first time I have left a comment. Cayman is such a little cutie. I am a mom to two kids with special needs and an OT. I especially love your blog postings on what has worked and not worked in therapy. You have even inspired me to attempt crocheting a hat (Cayman makes yours look extra adorable). Just thought I should "introduce myself" since I already feel like I know you and to let you know how much I enjoy reading your postings and can't wait to read more.

Cayman - great job with the fork, keep up the good work!

Jill S. said...

Way to go Cayman!! Your food looks sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

Cute as ever! And nice skill development as well! Barbara

Lisa Christine said...

Hooray Cayman! What a huge accomplishment :)

Ann said...

Way to go Cayman!

Amy Flege said...

do you think she could come give mayson some tips. the spoon and fork thing are going over too well here! mayson things mom should just feed her instead..urgh!!
way to go cayman!