Cayman's 1st Field Trip

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cayman went on her first field trip last week. Her Playgroup visited the library.

The librarian read them a story, they had craft time, and even a little bit of singing and dancing too.

But I think the favorite part for all the kids in that whole experience was riding the bus!

Cayman particularly loved the bus. It was big, she faced forward, the high up view out the window, the bounciness of the ride...it was all that was needed to make this field trip a Magic School Bus experience.

Cayman smiled, giggled, and clapped her hands. And I do believe that if she could talk she would say, "Forget the field trips, let's just ride the bus!"



13 Showin' Comment Love:

Grandma S said...

Our little sweetheart is no longer a baby. She's getting so big. Did you sing "The Wheels on the Bus"?

Valerie said...

OH my goodness! Too precious!! Cayman, you look so so big sitting there on the bus!! So glad you enjoyed the library and busride!! We miss you!!

Kristen said...

Grandma S,

Yep, I sang the Wheels on the Bus to her while we were on the bus. But Cayman wasn't interested. She wanted to sing only The Itsy Bitsy Spider and kept making the motion for the spider. No more wheels on the bus anymore, thank goodness. I was getting so tired of those wheels going round and round. But now it's the spider all day long. I've got to teach her a new song.

Josephine said...

Cute video :) I'm glad she liked the bus so much! Avery loves the bus too :)

Diane said...

That is sooo precious. I love her excitement. I also like the picture of the little boy sitting next to her, looking at her like why are you so excited. Very cute!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

Hey, she liked the view! Maybe she is over the view from the floor, too? I linked to a post showing the cutest furniture - encourage you to go look. Let me know what you think. Barbara

Anonymous said...

See??? I told you she'd love the bus! It's US who have a hard time with it! ;)

SuzanSayz said...

Shawn always loved the bus riding part of his early intervention pre-school years. In fact it was one of the first words he ever said. He would watch at the window for it to come the whole while quietly saying under his breath; bus bus bus bus. Then as soon as it came into view; BUS BUS BUS BUS!!!
How lovely to be so young and to find so much delight in something as commonplace and overlooked by adults as a bus ride.
You've got your priorities straight there, little miss Cayman!

Cayman's Daddy said...

Another great post!!! When are you ever going to run out of ideas. :)

Lisa Christine said...

Field trips are the best! What a fun idea for the playgroup to take a trip to the library ;)

Isn't Cayman's birthday coming up this weekend?

Michelle said...

Ah..she looks like such a big girl sitting there on the bus. And her first haircut too, what a week!

Krissy said...

that brought a huge smile to my face!

Jolene said...

I don't know you but I just wanted to say your daughter is sooooo cute!!! My daughter also had hydro! jolenesblogrocks.blogspot.com