The Morning Mommy Slept In and Daddy was in Charge

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saturday morning, I awoke to find Mike and Cayman in the kitchen. They had been up for hours already.

After an exhausting week of broken up sleep for me by a terribly sad and crying Cayman every single night, I was in much need of some extra REM's. So my dear husband got up with Cayman on Saturday and let me sleep in.

A big gold star for him.

Actually make that two gold stars because when I finally did wake up, I came out to find Mike cleaning the kitchen.

With such a big chivalrous start to his day on making my day easier, I was feeling quite rested and well loved that I didn't even mind when I found little Cayman ending her breakfast with a very blue, a very sticky, and a very sugary sucker that Daddy gave her.

Mike needed something to keep the crabby Cayman occupied and happy while he tidied up the kitchen. Turns out, she loves suckers!






20 Showin' Comment Love:

Grandma Cindy said...

I think she is saying "Good Morning Mommy! How about a kiss?"

Josephine said...

Good job Daddy!!
And sometimes sugar really does make everything better.... :)

Grandma S said...

Is Cayman auditioning for the Blue Man group? I would think Mike would boycot blue for red!

Diane said...

That is funny. In desperate times, a sucker is always a good choice :) It keeps them occupied for awhile.

Way to go Mike! You get the Gold Star for the month.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

A Dad's gotta do what a Dad's gotta do!!

david said...

reminds me of the I Love Lucy episode when Ricky took care of Little Ricky's breakfast and let Lucy sleep in!

Amy J. said...

What a smart, amazing man of the house! I will have to say...I am very suprised that the sucker isn't RED! I didn't know blue things were allowed in your home :)

I love it when I find the suckers with the plastic stick! Then they don't get any soggy paper in their mouth!

Kristen said...

David,

I don't remember that episode. And I'm glad you brought it up. I have the complete set of I Love Lucy's so I'm going search through them and find that one and watch it. Actually, I think I just might have myself a little I Love Lucy marathon since Cayman and I are at home sick with miserable head colds and we're in the middle of a snow storm. It's a perfect day for TV watching.

Unknown said...

Daddy's are the best! :D So glad that you were able to get a good nights rest! Soooooo..... I have to ask, was Caymans face blue long?

The Vigue Family said...

"Pops" can get you just about anything in our house - pics with Santa, haricuts, sticky moments of peace. Three cheers for lollipops!

Katie said...

GO MIKE!!!!


LOVE the eye picture of Cayman. She is SO pretty!

Carey said...

Blue suckers are my favorite too! Looks yummy! But I bet it wasn't so easy to clean up :)

david said...

wish i could help you out with the season and episode number, but i don't remember.

david said...

let me know if you find it and watch it!
we all love lucy. but lisa married into a family that hate lucy. can you believe that!!??!?

Lisa Christine said...

ha! David's right! It is like that episode. You must find it...lol

Let us know if you find it. That's a lot of seasons to go through. But to help you narrow it down it must it's when Little Ricky is a baby. And from there you can probably guess off the titles.

I love Lucy....but I rarely get to watch it since Donald is such a hater.

Lisa Christine said...

Please pardon that sentence in the second paragraph. David and I were talking and my words got jumbled as I typed....but hopefully you get what I was trying to say...lol

Kristen said...

I can't believe The Donald hates Lucy!!! How can that be??

It didn't take too much work for me to find the episode actually. I narrowed it down remembering when little Ricky came into existence.

It's Season 3, "Ricky Minds the Baby". I found it right when Mike was getting home on his lunch hour. And so we watched it.

Hilarious!!

Unknown said...

Gold Stars for Daddy Mike!!! That was so sweet & considerate of him!!
As far as the sucker...I think it was a BRILLIANT IDEA!! Although I too am surprised it wasn't red!!

Mary
(who is laid up again..with a wound vac on her leg)

Ann said...

Way to go MIKE! How nice to get to sleep in.

Lisa Christine said...

"Spanish Omelet?!?!?!?"


lol!