The Phone's for You, Mom

Thursday, January 7, 2010


Does my cell phone remind you of anything?

My very thoughtful husband secretly designed and ordered this skin for my phone. When it arrived in the mail, which he also managed to keep hidden from me, he applied it to my phone and then tucked it way up on the mantle behind all the decorations. Then Mike stood back while he quietly dialed my phone number from his personal cell and watched me frantically search for my phone to reveal the surprise.

What a guy!

18 Showin' Comment Love:

Josephine said...

Oh what a cute way to give you his thoughtful gift! I'm sure your face was a picture when you saw it :)

Anonymous said...

He's a keeper!!

Unknown said...

Isn't he clever?!?! Very thoughtful too.

Lisa Christine said...

That is AWESEOME!!!

If I had seen this post before last night I would have had it in my awards today.

It would have won: Most creative gift.

I didn't know that you could custum design skins for your cell phone....you know....because Donald and I have somewhat resisted the cell phone thing so far. But trust me, if I did use one I would be sure to custom design myself one too. What a fun idea!

David said...

that phone is awesome!

and it looks like cayman's world did not end after all, semms in a much better mood today :)

David said...

hey, lisa came to your blog before coming to mine! hmmmmmmm lol

Stephanie said...

I love it. What will they think of next?

*Monica said...

That is super cool

Katie said...

I so LOVE your husband. Can he call Aaron for some pointers??


The picture is great...actually they both are.


Thanks for the commentS on my blog. No one will ever be blocked out of my mind and heart.

I will email you to tell you a much more personal side to all of this I shared with Lisa.

Jennifer said...

SO cute!!!

SuzanSayz said...

Kristen, I was just over at Donald and Lisa's because they wanted me to see how my two comments to a certain person have been blown way out of proportion. I then went to see how many people had left comments after the comment i had left and I found your beautiful words.
You continue to inmpress me more and more by your intelligent, thoughtful, insightful and calm and lovely thoughts and actions. I realize now that even though I didn't say anything I didn't mean, that I may actually have been able to help Katie feel better about herself if I had been less heavy handed. I do tend to come on too strong when I am bothered by something. It's a quirk that I need to master. Your sweet, sensible and loving words to her were a delicate and beautifully carved pure silver teaspoon where as mine more resembled a sledge hammer. I want you to know that I have and always have felt a great deal of respect and awe for the wonderful way you have dealt with your darling little Cayman and her difficulties. One thing that Lisa and I have discussed often is how Cayman is your first and possibly only child. I've always been grateful that my Heavenly Father blessed me with Shawn after I had, had, my first three children. I was mature enough by then to never once feel any sadness or regret for what could have been. He has always been a complete joy to me. However there are times when I have to wonder how I would have felt if he had been my one and only child. I pray that I would have followed your wise path and been able to accept it as you have done so beautifully. I guess that is why I have such a hard time understanding a woman who has three healthy normal children, having such a hard time dealing with her fourth child's disability. Again I want you to know how much I have admired and respected you. I know I hardly ever comment but I am always aware of you and your sweet little daughter. You have, in the most kind and gentle way, reminded me that I would do well to use a little restraint and a bit more compassion in how I treat others whom I don't understand or agree with. Thank you for being you!
Susan Sorenson

P.S. The phone is perfect. What a fun and loving husband you have!

Sue said...

Yes, what a guy...he has 2 very lucky ladies at his house!!

Aunt Sam said...

wow, i'm impressed. who woulda thought my brother was such a cool guy. haha. jk jk

Anonymous said...

That was the sweetest....it IS the little things, isn't it?!

Ann said...

That is super cool! Way to go Mike!

Anonymous said...

You and your family are simply amazing. You always seem to find a miracle, big or small, in what most people take for granted.

Kim Fordham is a friend of mine and I am so thankful that she introduced you and your family to her following. It was our good fortune.

I will keep you all in my prayers and just wanted you to know what a delight you, your daughter and husband truly are.

Thank you for teaching us something every day.

Susie

My name is Sarah said...

What a guy for sure!! Love it.

Jill S. said...

Ooooh! I love it. It's so pretty. Way to go Mike!