Christmas Review, Part 4

Friday, January 1, 2010

Our next Christmas celebration was at my parents' house with them and my siblings.

My mother is the perfect hostess. Her attention to detail always leaves the presentation of the dinner table so inviting.



Mom even melted down the butter and molded them into miniature Christmas trees.



And look at that, Tyson, my little brother found himself helping out in the kitchen too. This is a guy that once didn't know how to fold his own socks and now he can cook and keeps his apartment spic and span clean. I am impressed!




I believe this was Madison giving one of the boys (Tyson, Mike, or Dan) the eye of disgust for their orneriness. You know how big brothers can be, no matter their age.



Cayman did a pretty good job at tearing the wrapping paper. All those times I let her play and rip up my old magazines before they hit the recycling bin, turns out was perfect practice for opening gifts at Christmas time.




I got Dad new slippers and good thing too. His old ones were long overdue for being thrown out!




Hey, is that a Snuggie Dan and Stacey are snuggled up in??
*snickering*




Mike's present from Tyson was a sticker that attaches to the inside of the toilet bowl that says "Poo On Blue". Oh brother! (no pun intended)






Mike was extra happy when he discovered Santa filled his stocking with his favorite gum, Wrigley 5.

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Love sharing these memories!!

*Monica said...

Madison looks great in red! Another beautiful set of Christmas pictures

David said...

poo on blue? oh brother, i don't even want to know what that means lol

that butter is amazing!

those are some very nice christmas dishes! did you notice lisa's fancy christmas dinnerware? lol

go ohio state!! i'm guessing you will all be glued to your tv later.

Tara said...

Yay for a Merry Christmas with family!!!

Lisa Christine said...

Hey! Donald and I used to have that safe couch and love seat! (the beige with the checkered pillows and piping).

I always knew your family had great taste!

The table looked beautiful! Your mom definitely knows how to host a dinner. I am much to lazy. I put out paper plates to eliminate the washing-the-dishes part. lol

And I'll be sure to cheer for Ohio State today! Woohoo!


oh...and I am glad to hear that you aren't trading in Cayman.

I am also glad to hear that you are thinking of making her a big sister sometime in the future!

Jill S. said...

Glad you got your dad another pair of slippers. Oh my goodness!! And I'm in love with the fancy butter and the table setting!

David said...

i just noticed that mike got 5 packs of 5. very appropriate!

and that's a pretty good first half for your team, especially a great last minute!

I thought all season that oregon was a fraud, so i think you guys should hold on to win.

David said...

oh, and yes we watch the new york ball drop. strange, i know, to watch something that happened three hours ago, but it's just how it is, we're used to it. you don't even think about it when you're watching.

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I've enjoyed the entries on your family's celebrations, it definitely is the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year!"

Madison said...

YIPEE!!!! GO BUCKS! BECAUSE THEY WINNED! QUOTE UNQUOTE

Anonymous said...

Madison is gorgeous!

Love the tree shaped butter.

Sara said...

I have to say that is my favorite gum too..

and the poo on the blue...



I about fell off my bed laughing and I think I woke up the house I was laughing so hard and loud!

Kendra said...

Ok, so the Poo on Blue Sticker? My cousin has one as well, and my 2 year old tells EVERYONE about it! He thinks it's hilarious. I do not. :)