Today I Pledge

Friday, December 4, 2009

I have noticed some bad habits in me lately. I see no need to wait for the New Year to start a resolution for creating a new groove in these areas.

*So today, I am pledging that I will get back into the routine of giving Cayman her homeopathic drops three times a day. (I've been slipping on that in the last week, and lately she's been getting them only once a day).

*Today, I am pledging that I will finish all my open work projects before I start another one. (Currently, I have 5 started).

*Today, I am pledging that I will go to bed at an acceptable hour. (I have been staying up way too late).

*Today, I am pledging that I will stop loathing my kitchen for all of its severely broken down, out dated features and that includes ceasing all physical attacks against my oven door. And if it means I have to take the light bulb out of the oven so I will stop being visually reminded that the stinkin' door will not shut, than so be it. I will just be grateful that I have a kitchen of my own.

10 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

What a inspiration... thank you for your post. This makes me want to strive to do better as well. :D :D

Unknown said...

Great post! Great picture!

The James Family said...

Today you will look for flight to Arizona because you miss us so much!! and cause it's warm here! :) I love that picture!! I want a copy!! :) Love ya!

Diane said...

Way to take charge. Sometimes its hard to do but I know you can do it. Good luck!

Diane, Tyler's mom

David said...

i was just thinking the other day about resolutions in december, and what to call them. if they are 'new' in january, then are december resolitions 'old?' lol

old year's resolutions! haha

go easy on the oven door!

Lisa Christine said...

I particularly loved your last pledge because in it is the key to happines; being happy and content with what you have.

It is so easy to always think of what we want, or how life will be perfect once...._____(fill in the blank), but when we have that mind set, we can never be happy because there will always be something more that we are waiting for.

So hooray for your pledges, and may the lightbulb glow bright in your oven! :)

Jennifer said...

Good for you! I have to make resolutions like these sometimes too. My problem is, I have to make them at least once a month. :)

Anonymous said...

Great post!! I have been pledging to myself this whole week...to be as nice to myself as I am to others. I'm not waiting for 2010 either!!

Anonymous said...

You are talking to me, Friend! Self-discipline is self-love. I need more of both. Barbara

Sue said...

Hmmm, maybe you should just pick say...2 of those to start with....you are being kind of hard on yourself!!! If I could just get myself to bed at an 'acceptable' hour I would be happy. Good luck....you will have a head start on everyone else who are waiting for the new year!!