The Lights Before Christmas

Monday, December 14, 2009

During the Christmas season, the Toledo Zoo is transformed into a Winter Wonderland, featuring over a one million lights!! It's absolutely spectacular to see!


We joined my family (minus Tyson) for the traditional experience of The Lights Before Christmas.


We bundled Cayman up and she spent much of the first several minutes trying to find her hands. Eventually she gave up and began to look around.


Dan and Stacey






Above this uniquely painted piano hangs a sign that reads:
This piano was painted by the Zoo's very own artist-in-residence, Renee the elephant!...Please feel free to play the piano gentley!




12 Showin' Comment Love:

Lisa Christine said...

1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the foirst time ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(only because Elisbaeth just woke up crying at 4:00 in the morning. Now I am going back to bed)

Lisa Christine said...

foirst?????

lol....

how about first...

and now second.

Lisa Christine said...

Okay, I was so anxious to be first that I actually left my comment before looking at the pictures ( I didn't want David or someone to jump in and be first ahead of me, that would be so like him)

So now I will comment on the actual post.

Beautiful! I am sure that Cayman was in awe of all the lights!

It reminded me of a special that Donald and I watched last night about how Disneyland decorates for Christmas. Spectacular.

Merry Christmas

(Now I really am going to back to bed)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your photos really let us all enjoy the lights, too! Thanks!

Cayman looking for her hands is cute. Do you play that game with her where you cover a toy to see if she finds it? Oh, and peek-a-boo...

Barbara

Tara said...

How sweet! Were going to zoo lights next week. We absolutely love it!

David said...

lisa, looks like i am more than two hours behind you, there was no chance that i was sneaking in a comment before you! and besides, being 6th is better than 1st, so na na na na na na LOL

those lights are spectacular!

and i love the painted piano.

Ann said...

I love the lights of Christmas. Last night we drove around just looking at the lights in our hometown. It was fun to see what people put together. Friday night we went to a nearby town and looked at their light show. I'll post about it tomorrow. It was a super fun way to spend a Friday night. I'm sure Cayman was in awe of the lights. The Portland Zoo does something similar but we've never been in town to go. Merry Christmas!

Lisa Christine said...

6th David? ha!

Josephine said...

Wow, that is a LOT of lights!! I'd love to take Avery and Brogan to see that!

Mrs. Smith said...

It looks like the electrical parade at Disneyland!! But actually even better! Soooo beautiful! Can't believe I lived there so long and never went to see it.... (another time!)

Katie said...

THIS is a great post. I would LOVE to experience this first hand. AWESOME!

Diane said...

Those lights are awesome. I love how Cayman was looking for her hands. I can just see the expression on her face - 'where'd they go, they were her a second ago?'

Diane, Tyler's mom