I Feel So Happy...

Monday, December 21, 2009

First of all...

Cayman did not run a fever all day yesterday and we have seen no more seizure activity. Slowly we have been putting our minds back to ease that she is ok. The image of her and the sounds she made while seizing still haunt us.


Next...


We finally have snow on the ground. My feeling is that if it's going to be unbearably cold outside, then I want some of that gorgeous fluffy snow that makes quite a change in the scenery for the dull, gray, sleeping earth.


And...

I love my house! I was sitting at my favorite spot on the couch yesterday evening, looking out over my home sweet home, remembering that just a year ago, we were uprooting our lives once again and moving into the Taj for Mike's new job. The Taj was temporary housing until we could make arrangements for another place to live. The decision to rent another apartment or buy a house weighed on us like a bag of hammers. We longed to feel the settlement of a house but so many things had to line up just right for it to happen. I sat there yesterday, silently, reflecting in awe of all the details that came together so divinely, to bring us to the warmth of feeling home. It is truly another way God has carried out His faithfulness in our lives.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

-Jeremiah 29:11

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

I'm very happy to read that Cayman is fever free and most importantly, seizure free. How scary that must have been for you guys.

I have to agree with you about the snow. If it's going to be so bitterly cold...may as well have some pretty white fluffy snow to go along with it! :o)

Beth said...

SO glad Cayman is feeling better!!! It is scary to see someone having a seizure - I was with my mom when she had one! Very scary!

Your house is beautiful - it is always so neat and orderly!

Stephanie said...

Blessings flow.

David said...

looks like it's a slow commenting day for all the blogs.

how quickly the scene has changed from raking leaves to shoveling snow!

and I love Jeremiah!

Anonymous said...

I swear, every time I take a break from the computer, whether self-induced or sickness-induced, Cayman gets sick. Tell her I promise not to take another break so she stays well!! ;)

Lisa Christine said...

Happy news all around I see.

I wish we would have a snow fall before Christmas, but alas I don't think it's in the forcast. Quite the contrary, things have warmed up in my neck of the woods. It's in the low 50's today! Crazy, huh?

Diane said...

I'm happy that Cayman is feeling much better and fever/seizure free.

Oh and you can share some of that snow with us here in Missouri.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Sue said...

Contentment....what a great feeling!!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Oh my!! Where in the heck have I been? Just found out about Cayman - poor sweet baby (and poor mommy and daddy - I can only imagine how worried you two were)

So, happy to hear she's doing well and fever free!! And, that smile gets me every time - such a sweet angel.

You do have an incredibly beautiful home and I love your decorating style (Pottery Barn is one of my favorites as well!!)

Tara said...

Oh I miss the snow... I guess I need to move to a colder climate again.

Im so happy that Cayman is feeling better. I pray that you and Mike are able to put your minds at ease.

Jill S. said...

Glad to here Cayman is better!!! She is not allowed to do that EVER again!!

On a side note: we are due to get a foot and 1/2 of snow on Wednesday night. Plus our first snow is still here from a couple weeks ago. It's gonna be a white Christmas!!

Katie said...

So glad Cayman is ok. I am so sorry I wasn't here for you when you needed encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Yea, for Cayman being better! I think a lot of people take for granted their homes. Your sentiments of warmth and love for your home are so good to read.

Barbara