Building a Gingerbread House

Tuesday, December 22, 2009



I complimented Mike on his decorating skills, "Hey, you're pretty good at this."
His reply, "Well, of course. I do work in a candy factory."



As I looked closely at our finished Gingerbread house, I noticed the green gummy trees were lying down. I informed Mike of his mistake to which his clever reply was, "They're bushes now."

12 Showin' Comment Love:

Sara said...

LOL!!!! I love how the trees are bushes! :) The gingerbread house is adorable. Aren't you excited for Christmas this week :)!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! And, because I did the same thing and I think it shows, I LOVE it that you do these things with Cayman even though she can't do it herself yet...she will!!!

Anonymous said...

Did Cayman get to lick each piece of candy before Daddy put it on ... like someone I know wanted to do with ours? It was like it had to pass the taste test before it would qualify to be a part of the gingerbread house. :o)
It looks great! Mike has some hidden talents. Going to teach him to knit the next Christmans stockings? XOXOXO to beautiful Cayman

Grandma Cindy said...

OOPPPPSSS!! sorry - that last comment was from Grandma Cindy

Grandma S said...

Is that Cayman's name in lights on the roof? That will be a good project for your Christmas decorating next year.

*Monica said...

I am truly impressed! Good job, Cayman's daddy!

Molly said...

DUDE. Mike works in a candy factory? I did not know that and I'm jealous.

Also, he has mad decorating skils. Impressive!

Katie said...

I was JUST telling Lisa...well commenting..that Marley got on my counter and ate our gingerbread house.....

Now I mUST go get another one!!

Lisa Christine said...

No dum-dums on your Gingerbread house?

:)

Great job Mike!

Amy J. said...

What job does your hubby have?

Your photo of Cayman by the tree is amazing...perfect lighting! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to feel comfort in our homes and so thankful for where we are!?

Last night at our big family dinner Lisa wondered if you knew that we were cousins. I though that you did but we weren't sure.

Anonymous said...

WORKS IN A CANDY FACTORY? Is that almost like being one of Santa's elves????

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S adaptive! ;)

Barbara

(One of your posts is linked in my top post - hope you don't mind. I can pull it if you do.)