Christmas Stockings, Part 2

Thursday, December 17, 2009

ALL the stockings are NOW hung by the chimney with care.The stockings are finished! They're far from perfect and oh that bugs me. I wish they were perfect after all that effort and time I spent bringing them to completion. There was a lot of knitting, ripping out, and reknitting, and more ripping out and finally I decided to just settle for less than perfection and just get them done.

Even though they have flaws and we call them the stockings from Whoville, I have a sense of satisfaction when I step back and take a look at them all hanging in a row.

Being lighter on myself though, I have to say, I don't think they turned out too bad for being my first set of Christmas stockings I have ever made.


**Photos displayed on my mantle are by Kim Fordham Photography

15 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

I think they are beautiful!

The James Family said...

I LOVE them!!

Beth said...

What's wrong with them? I think they are beautiful!!!

Tara said...

I like them and I kinda want some lol! I think you did a terrific job!!!

Lisa Christine said...

Hooray! I think they are perfect. And as for the flaws, that's what adds character, right? And the fact that you MADE them makes them perfect too. I only wish I had that kind of talent you are so gifted! So yes, they are perfect!

David said...

in hopes that st. nicholas soon will be there!

lisa beat me here by mere minutes!

Josephine said...

I think that you probably see the mistakes more than anyone else would because you made them - I think they look perfect! And the whole fireplace looks lovely and Christmasy :)

Carrie said...

I think in the years to come, their non-perfectness is just going to make them more dear to you. I think they're beautiful!

Mary said...

I LOVE THEM!!! I hate our stockings but don't have the ability to make my own and haven't invested in them. I'm still holding out for you to take your skills to your Esty store. Well, and me to have the $$ to pay for your talents.

Merry Christmas!!!

Grandma Cindy and Mom said...

I think they are perfect!!! Too perfect for Whoville!

Sara said...

I think they are amazing and they look like they were made with love and that is what counts! : ) Oh and thank you sooo much for the card! I loved it!!! :)

Lisa Christine said...

David, I beat you by 11 minutes. That is more than 'mere minutes'. ha!

*Monica said...

Wow, as a non knitter, I am always so impressed with the ability to change colors and put in designs and words. Excellent job!!

Diane said...

I love the stockings and they look great hanging on your mantle.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Amy J. said...

Wayyyyy better than I could have ever dreamed of!!! I think they look amazing and you should be pleased with how they look!!! You did a great job.

I forgot to tell you!!! After seeing your Charlie Brown Christmas tree I just had to have one. We don't have the store that you mentioned so I googled the tree and saw that Walgreens carries them. We have two in my town and the first one didn't have any so I was pretty sure that I had missed the boat. :( At the second store they had five!!! And guess how much I paid for them...they were on sale for
$4.95 each! I bought them all and everyone loves them!!! Of course I stole your idea and wrapped a little Linus blanket around the bottom. Every time I see that little tree I just feel so happy and Christmassy...Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!