Rolly Ball

Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's a game we played with our nieces when they were little. Sitting only a few feet apart from each other, we rolled the ball back and forth.

It's a simple game. Fun. Safe. Harmless. Well most of the time it was harmless. A few times the game went awry, and the ball was flung towards Grandpa's TV and then there was some yelling. :)

Pregnant with Cayman, I sat on the floor and played rolly ball with my niece CeCe. In that moment, I thought, "I wonder if I will get the chance to teach Cayman this game?"

I proudly share with you the pictures of Cayman playing Rolly Ball...

I am grateful for dreams that come true.

7 Showin' Comment Love:

The James Family said...

I'm glad dreams come true too!! she is getting so big and she looks so proud of herself!! I LOVE her smile... it always makes my day even at 5 in the morning!! :) Love you guys!

David said...

dang, seems like i'm coming in 2nd on everyone's blogs today.

and by the way, that couch behind cayman looks super comfy.

Lisa Christine said...

4th!!!!!

I am so impressed that Cayman has the coordination and concept to play Rolly Ball. Wow oh wow. She is amazing.

If you lived closer, little Lorelai would love to play that with her!

Anonymous said...

the simple dreams are often the best dreams!

Anonymous said...

Rolly ball is a perfect game! Leads to other dreams come true.

Barbara

Sherri said...

She is sooooooo cute! We do this with Miles too and his speech therapist even uses this to get him to talk. Before you roll the ball say, "ready, set, go!" and then roll it. Then when she has the ball do the same. It took him awhile to catch on, but now we say "ready, set" and Miles says, "doooough!"

Ann said...

Oh so fun! Jason won't play ball. He thinks it fun to take the ball and run away with it. STINKER! She is such a joy. I love her smile it tells so much about her personality!