Fall Expreriences: PUMPKIN CARVING

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mike and I were excited to dig in and pull out the guts of the pumpkin for Cayman to touch and explore. Her tactile sensitivity has been at its all time low lately and we were anxious to watch her reaction to the slimy mess. Knowing our girl well, we figured she would not love the feel of the gooey guts. So I was ready with the camera to capture all the gross faces we anticipated Cayman would make.

And once she had enough of it....

Well, you'll just have to take a look for yourself...



Daddy showed Cayman how to scrape clean the inside walls of the pumpkin.
Then it was Cayman's turn...
She took the spoon...


Put it inside the pumpkin...


Align Center
And then tried to eat it.


Lisa, I included this picture just for you. Do you see your Grandfather's print so beautifully enhancing our dining room?



I put a pencil in Cayman's hand and with her help, (or more accurately stated, with her resistance), we drew the face of her pumpkin.



The Ghost Mike.


The Headless Mike.


It's a staring contest.
Who do you think won?








11 Showin' Comment Love:

My name is Sarah said...

Great job Cayman. I love your pumpkins.

Lisa Christine said...

I spotted the picture even before I read the caption!!!! It looks great!

I totally cracked up at the video. She was NOT impressed by the pumpkin guts. ha! She wanted nothing to do with it.

Great photos. And great jack-o-lanterns!

Sherri said...

hahaha! She looks thoroughly offended! You have such a fun family :)

Diane said...

I was cracking up watching the video. She did not want that stuff on her tray. The pumpkins turned out great too!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Carla said...

How fun! I loved Cayman's expressions while throwing the pumpkin guts:)

Josephine said...

I just love how expressive that sweet girl of yours is! And what fun pumpkins :)

Anonymous said...

Love your photos - storytelling!

Love seeing Cayman participate in the pumpkin carving!

Barbara

Jill S. said...

How cute!! I love when she threw it all off her tray. Like "I can't BELIEVE you would put this on my tray" Hee hee..she is such a cutie!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

I love it! The pumpkins look great!

You capture every moment perfectly!

bridget said...

I love the last picture. That would be a great one to frame. Cayman cracks me up. She's got such a personality! Glad you all enjoyed your pumpkin carving. :o)

Katie said...

LOVE the pictures, the story, and all. The photo looks GREAT in the room. The table brings out the brown in the picture. They compliment eachother well!

Lisa made a GREAT choice in picking you winner!!!!