Fall Experiences: LEAVES

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Photobucket

The tree in our front yard, produces the most amazing bright, yellow leaves. When the sun shines through its branches, the leaves practically glow in the light. It's gorgeous to look at!

This tree is quite generous with its leaf production. So when the leaves fall, the ground is completely saturated. That means lots of raking. But that is a small price to pay for the lovely enjoyment of this gorgeous tree.

Photobucket

Photobucket






















This look on Cayman's face has me imagining that she is thinking, "Where did all these leaves come from?? We just raked a couple days ago!"


And here she might be thinking, "What's this?? Not another hat!"


"Mom, I'm taking this ridiculous hat off!" -Cayman
"Cayman, don't you take that hat off. Mommy worked hard making it!" -The Mommy


"Oh man, now I have hat hair!"


"I guess I'll put the hat back on."


"Hey, why won't this go back on? A little help please!"


"You're right, Mom. I do look cute in this hat!"


18 Showin' Comment Love:

Sherri said...

What little fashionista! She is so cute. I could look at Cayman photos all day :)

David said...

as always, great pictures!

Grandma Cindy said...

She's probably thinking how great it is that she found something that she can actually throw and it is ok. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever!!??!??! XOXOXOXO

Josephine said...

You're right, it is a pretty tree! We went playing in the leaves yesterday too - my children had a blast!
I love the hat - and the captions were perfect!!! SUch a pretty girl :)

Diane said...

I love this time of year. Cayman is adorable in the leaves.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Aunt Sam said...

I love your pics Kris!! and yes, Cayman is so cute in that hat!! :)

Lisa Christine said...

This is by far my favorite photo shoot that you have done with Cayman. The color of the leaves are glorious! I especially love the picture where she is holding the leaf in her hands.

Happy raking!

Grandma S said...

No if only she would help Daddy rake!!!

Jill S. said...

Love, LOVE those pictures!!!!! I love the second the last one the most! Beautiful hat by the way!!

Shannon said...

That really is an amazing tree! I love fall colors, and I can imagine the yellow is even more brilliant in real life!
And Cayman is seriously cuter in each picture you post. I love how expressive her little face is, and the captions you post make me giggle aloud. :) I'm SO impressed by all the hats you make...I especially love the one she's wearing! SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Your comments only make the pictures cuter!! P.S. If Mike ever wears something non-OSU, you MUST take a picture!! :)

Teri D said...

See pictures of your beautiful little girl never fails to make my heart smile, you have been richly blessed!

Sue said...

I think you need to open a 'hat store'....this has got to be my favorite hat yet!!! You have the perfect model too....life looks as though it is treating you well.

Katie said...

GRRREEEEAAAATTTT pictures!

I MISS seasons...(enter screaming and kicking toddler like tantrum)

Katie said...

GRRREEEEAAAATTTT pictures!

I MISS seasons...(enter screaming and kicking toddler like tantrum)

Diane said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I love her pink boots. Too cute!!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Bree said...

The captions that go along with your pictures of Cayman are perfect! I just love all her hats!

Unknown said...

Kristen,
I love seeing your thoughts and pictures on Fall. Living in the New Orleans area we don't see the beautiful colors like further up north does. Your pictures of Cayman are wonderful...and I love her hat!
Your blog is one of the highlights of my day!

Mary