Drinking from a Cup

Thursday, October 15, 2009

It was an ordinary day...

Cayman was sitting on Daddy's lap watching some football.

I was in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner.

Then something extraordinary happened...

"Kris, get in here quick! Look at Cayman!" Mike excitedly yelled from the family room.

I came running.

Cayman was holding Daddy's nearly empty cup and drinking the last little drops of juice from it.

"She just picked the cup up herself and started to drink from it!" Mike said with a proud smile on his face.

"I wonder if she'll do it again." I replied, reaching for the camera.

16 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

Yay Cayman! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Diane said...

Clap..Clap..Clap!!!

way to go Cayman. I was so excited when we graduated to a cup. But Tyler doesn't hold the cup, like Cayman. We still have to bring it to his mouth and tip it up for him. But that's still better than the bottle. We got a lot of looks when we were giving an almost 4 year old a bottle.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Aunt Sam said...

that cup is as big as her! haha. So cute Cayman!! :)

Mary said...

Yippee! Its been a long time since I've watch video's with Rex but when he heard you say Cayman's name he came running because he wanted to see what she was doing... he loves her.

David said...

on 4 takes, that's pretty good! :)

David said...

did you all go to the horseshoe on saturday?

Kristen said...

David,

No we did not go to the game on Saturday. We watched it at home. I don't think we'll make it back this season.

Stephanie said...

I love that you celebrate all of Cayman's milestones. Yeah, Cayman!

Stryker Local Schools said...

Applauding in Stryker!!!

Tara said...

Aww such a big girl!!!!!!

Jill S. said...

Good job!! Daddy's juice is always way better than your own juice!!

Lisa Christine said...

It's seems like she is hitting major milestones almost daily. These milestones are things that I took for granted with my older girls....for example, I have no memory of when they started drinking from a cup, but with Elisabeth and Cayman, these milestones are miracles.

Congrats on another HUGE achievement.

*Monica said...

Impressive! My favorite part was when she fumbled it at you! Things like that crack me up.

Anonymous said...

The Townsend family is over here doing the wave for Cayman!! Woo hoo!!

Cayman's Daddy said...

Now we need her to lean how to get us drinks as good as her cousins, Sidney and CeCe.

Jennifer said...

Hooray Cayman!!

And I love how you put the video together. Very fun!