Bare Bottom

Friday, September 11, 2009

One way Cayman is a typical child:

If she is being quiet, likely she is up to something.

When the sounds of her toys become silent, or her babbling ceases, and the room is still, I know I better check in on her.

It's not because she's trying to be sneaky or hide her naughtiness. I just know that when she has found a new object her whole entire focus goes to that item and she becomes very quiet as she takes it all in.

I have found her trying to pull the Wii off the TV stand, which is down low, almost to floor level. In her defense, it is lit up by pretty blue lights and she probably thinks it is just another one of her flashy toys.

Or she's after the black cord to the laptop's charger. I do not understand what is so interesting about a black cord but she is crazy about it.

On one particular day last week though, I found her in a whole new way.

Cayman was laying in the middle of the family room floor. Her pants were crumpled, thrown at her side, and she was tossing her diaper around, playing peek-a-boo with it.

She had undressed herself.

At least she had the decency to cross her legs.

No joke, that is exactly how I found her.



16 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Just love how she has her legs crossed!~

Audra said...

Hilarious and so cute! Thank goodness it wasn't a messy diaper!

Unknown said...

The way she crosses her legs just cracks me up! I'm with Sarah, thank goodness it wasn't a messy diaper!

Anonymous said...

First, so lady like!! Second, I hope this isn't a new "olivia like" chapter for you...with the messy diapers and such!!

Diane said...

LOL :)

Diane, tyler's mom

Josephine said...

Okay, I can understand how she managed to get the diaper off, but I'm super impressed that she managed to get the pants off!!! How did she do that? Avery STILL can't do that lying down!

Aunt Sam said...

HAHA! she is so cute!!:)

Mary said...

That is hysterical. What a great skill to be able to undress herself. Hope you don't find any surprises next time you find her flinging her diaper around.

Lisa Christine said...

oh Cayman you silly girl! I hope you hadn't messed that diaper yet :)

On a happier note, I would say that shows great coordination. Elisabeth struggles to even get a sock off! So with that in mind....great job Cayman!

Unknown said...

That is adorable! Silly Cayman!

Jill S. said...

Good job Cayman!! That is actually a great devolopmental stage; even if it is annoying. And yes, thank goodness it wasn't a poopy one, that would have been a mess. When she crosses her legs, she is so cute!!! It's adorable!

Melanie said...

Hilarious AND adorable! And quite a developmental accomplishment! Go Cayman!!

Sherri said...

She is so sweet! Reminds me of the time Miles took his diaper off and it WAS a messy one!!! EEEEEWWW!!!

*Monica said...

Look at her chicken legs!! I just wanna eat her up!

That took some seriously determinate and coordination. Way to go Cayman.

Tara said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Kristen reading your blog reminds me of Michelle! She is such a turkey and does stuff like that all the time! Yay for Cayman!

Carla said...

How funny! What a superstar. Thankful that it was not a messy diaper:)