lake vacation: One Last Look

Friday, August 14, 2009

In just one week we managed to take over 1,200 pictures and videos of our vacation at the lake.

If a single picture is worth a 1,000 words, can you imagine how many memories we made that week? And those are just the ones we captured! You would think that that would be enough, yet I find myself begging to go back. The week was so wonderful, I did not want it to end! But fortunately, I have a good life at home and I love it here too!

My final post I share with you on our "lake vacation" series is a bunch of randomness that are my favorites.

And here they are...














































13 Showin' Comment Love:

Sarah M said...

What fantastic pictures! They are all so crisp and perfectly capture the color and feel of summer.

I'm glad you were all able to enjoy such a great vacation and capture so many memories!

Katie said...

GREAT job Kristen!

you got talent girlfriend!!!

Cayman's Daddy said...

Such a great week captured in such a great way!

Diane said...

What great pictures! I can tell that everyone had a good time. The one picture cracked me up where Mike was holding up Cayman. It looks like he is holding her up like he just caught a big fish. too funny!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

Love the pictures! What beautiful memories from your vacation! So glad that you were able to get away from it all for a week.

Anonymous said...

Why did this week go by so much faster than last? (At least for all of us on this side of the blogger non-vacation side.)

Sherri said...

1200!!! WOW! I almost spit my soda out when I saw the photo of Mike holding Cayman up in the baby carrier! That is a GREAT photo!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

The picture of Cayman being held up by her life jacket is her Uncle Mark, Mike's brother.

Mike and Mark look a lot alike, don't they?

The idea of that pose was Cayman was Uncle Mark's "big" catch at the lake.

Lisa Christine said...

I can see why those ones are your favorites! Each one is a gem!

1200 pictures is a ton! We have been gone for 2 full weeks now and are at something like 1000....so you snapped twice as many photos as us :)

I am excited to hear that you and Jill get to hang out (but disappointed that I can't join in the fun) Maybe next summer?!!?

Anonymous said...

So I must say, u have a real talent in taking pictures and capturing everything!!!! I love the first pic u took of the girls and the one u took of one of them tubing with the bridge in background!! PERFECT!!!! Wanna take Ashalyn's year pics?? hahah!!! We need to get that done!!!

Debbie said...

Looks like a great vacation and wonderful family time!