It's Here

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A little over two weeks ago, I wrote about my marvelous birthday present from my husband....

A DINING ROOM SET

It has arrived and I think it looks just fabulous!!

What I love about it:

the contemporary style...
the straight, clean lines...
the "x" back chairs...

What Mike loves about it:

the square shape...
it seats up to 8 people...
it was on sale...
and that I love it so much...


Our new table arrived at the perfect time. As I was scooting our old kitchen table out of the pathway for the new dining table to be carried in, the leg on our old table broke off. But now we have this lovely new dining set ready to enjoy lots of meals and games around.

Just like my fireplace mantle, a blank wall, or empty shelves, my mind instantly begins to think about how I want to deck the space out.

So yesterday afternoon, Cayman and I picked some flowers from our yard and put together this arrangement for the dining room table's first centerpiece.

17 Showin' Comment Love:

Mom said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Katie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

You have great taste! Your wood floors are so beautiful. The beautiful dark wood of the table makes the gorgeous floors stand out even more.

Did you major in interior design?

Diane said...

LOVE IT!! I love the vase too, the blue is a great splash of color!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Beth said...

Love it!! I can't wait to see all the scratches and dents that it receives from all the family gatherings!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! I'm wondering if Mike could give any hints to Nick for a birthday present for me!! My bday is in a few weeks and we currently are sitting at the bar for each of our meals and it just does NOT have the family effect!!! It fits so well in ur house also!!!! What a gift!!!!!!
Valerie

Lindsey said...

It looks wonderful!! The different woods are very complimentary together, as is the burst of blue-ness! Happy late birthday to you, and many wishes for happy family nights gathered around that table!

Lisa Christine said...

It looks lovely. That finish is so warm and rich.

Enjoy!

Jill S. said...

What a beautiful table. Just think of all the wonderful memories you will make around it!

Tara said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Kristen said...

Stephanie,

No I didn't major in Interior Design. It's just something I love to do. If I have any talent in it, I can credit that to my many experienced hours watching HGTV. :-)

My name is Sarah said...

Looks great.

Teri D said...

Very nice, I remember when mine was shiney and new. Three kids and 25 years later it is somewhat beat up.

Anonymous said...

I love it too!

Stryker Local Schools said...

Kristen, it is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy!!

Sherri said...

That is gorgeous! And what lovely flower arranging skills!

Ann said...

It is beautiful! What a treasure in your home. I hope to do something similar when we have a dining room not just and eat-in kitchen.