The Zoo

Monday, June 8, 2009

Saturday, we joined up with members of my side of the family, for a fun-filled day at the zoo.Here's the clan from left to right:
{Back Row}: Mike, Cayman, Me, Laura, Aunt Linda, Uncle Martin, Tyson, Paul, Angela, Grandma, Ben
{Front Row}: Dan, Shon, Grandpa Kary, Madison, Grandma Cindy, Stacey

We had a blast!

Of the 230 pictures that we took, here are my favorites:

A baby monkey hanging on while the Mama swung from rope to rope.

Our picnic area!

Penguins, my personal favorite!


We rode the carousel...


then the train.


The traditional picture of Madison and I standing on the fake dung pile.


Tyson was the videographer. With his witty sarcastic commentaries, I am sure this will be a much need-to-see film (with popcorn, of course).


How did Cayman like the zoo?

She wanted to touch everything!

The door way chains...

the fish...

the jellyfish...


But all that touching was so exhausting, but no worries because...

she has the life of luxury.

18 Showin' Comment Love:

Aunt Sam said...

Penguins are my favorite too!! I'm like Cayman, i want to touch everything! haha. That picture of Madison looking over the fountain is very cool!! you're a great photographer Kris!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!! :)

Cayman's Daddy said...

Such a fun day!

Diane said...

What great pictures. I love the last one of Cayman relaxing. If they only knew how easy they have it.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Katie said...

AAAAMMMMAAAZZZIING pictures!!!!

That zoo looks great! I wish our closest zoo had all that. We have to go to the zoo(2hours away) for some and the aquarium (4.5 hours away) for the rest.

I am so glad you had such a great time. I love Cayman's dress...so cute!

(Wanna know what I thought of the See's.....
http://katieandaaronsharp.blogspot.com/2009/06/great-prize.html)

The James Family said...

Kris - I love the pictures... looks like you guys had such a good time. I hope we will be able to go to the zoo when we are back in Ohio...!! I love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you in a month!!! Give Cayman hugs and kisses!

Ann said...

Looks like so much fun. We took Jonathan to the zoo around 1 and the only thing that got his attention was the tiger pacing. He could have cared less anything else. Cayman looks like she had fun and you do you and Mike!

Stephanie said...

I love that you are a family that knows how to have fun. I need to learn how to have fun from your example

Angela said...

Waaahooo! We def. have to do that again sometime :D

Jill S. said...

Looks like you had a great time...love the pictures!!

Tara said...

Oh that is just so great! It looks like you guys had a great time! I love the zoo! Lucky for us it's Sea World this weekend!

Sara said...

I have yet to take Kadyn to the zoo. I have been wanting to as I haven't been either. Looks like you had a fun filled day!

Cayman is sooo cute with he fit up in the air like that. Of course Kadyn does the same thing. haha.

Alice said...

Were those pics of the Cincinnati zoo? I heard that that is a good one. We go to the Louisville Zoo alot, my kids love it! Actually, the train fell over last week and hurt a bunch of kids, that was so scary hearing that! Glad Cayman is doing good!

Michelle said...

Oh, I love the zoo!!! It looks like you had a wonderful time. And who doesn't love the penguins? It's great to see you taking a break from all your hard work and just enjoying yourself for an afternoon!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish I could live the life of our kids again and get pushed around. I am sure then I didn't appreciate it! I tell them to enjoy it now, but they never listen! What do I know...I am only mom! haha

*Monica said...

I loved seeing Cayman sitting up so tall on the merry go round!

We love the zoo and can't wait till our Florida trip to hit the Tampa Aquarium.

bridget said...

Wow Cayman is getting so big! I can't believe how fast she is growing. Looks like you all had a great time. I love zoos too...and the penguins are also one of my favorites!

Lisa Christine said...

230 pictures...you and I are two of the same...I would SO do that! :)