Sonic

Monday, June 15, 2009

We've heard people rave about it...

We've even seen the commercials...

but we never have had a Sonic Drive-In experience, until this past weekend.

We drove up...

Ordered our food...

And it was delivered by a waitress on roller skates.
Mike ordered:

  • Sonic Burger
  • Root Beer Float
I ordered:
  • Grilled Chicken Wrap
  • Butterfinger Sonic Blast
We shared:
  • Tater Tots
  • Spicy Jalapenos
It was delicious, greasy, and completely unhealthy. Everything that makes it a yummy American meal.

How privileged I feel to have a 1950's experience in 2009.

{my 400th post}

12 Showin' Comment Love:

Cayman's Daddy said...

I think Cayman still has a sugar high from all the ice cream. :)

Anonymous said...

i love love love Sonic!! I went all the time when I lived in Tennessee!!! The chicken club toasters r the BEST!!! And their Peanut Butter Milkshakes!!!! YUM!!! Makes me want to make a trip!!!! Something to note for sure, Cayman's first Sonic experience!!
Hope all is well!!! I've been MIA from ur blog lately!!! Love ya guys!
Valerie

Katie said...

We love sonic...and Aaron craves the butterfinger blast.....all the time.

mmmmm....sounds good!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm. This post has made me very hungry! We've been to Sonic once. Years ago, while on our way too New Mexico. I had always wished a Sonic would open up in Michigan, but no luck!

Diane said...

mmm..mmm..good!!! I looks like Cayman enjoyed the experience too, especially the ice cream!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Carla said...

I never experience Sonic until I moved to TX- now, I can't imagine life w/o it! So glad y'all had a god time!

Lisa Christine said...

Isn't it just wonderful!? Donald will be so excitd to see this post!

To us it's the whole experience that we love so much. We feel like we are living back in the late 50's-early 60's. One of these days Donald and I want to take the Nova out on a date to Sonic. That will be perfect :)

My favorite menu item: the Breakfast Burrito (the supreme one). Oh la la. So good. Eggs, sausage, tomatoes, cheese.....mmmm

Carrie said...

Check and see if your Sonic does Happy Hour. For us, between 3 and 5 (I think it is) the fruit slushees are half off, and they're really yummy.

Jill S. said...

We have a sonic about 5 blocks from our house! Oh, yes, it is our favorite place to go. We go at least twice a week to enjoy happy hour (between 2 and 4) The kids get slushies..and me...well I get the Route 44 diet cherry vanilla coke..YUMMMMMMM... all of that for less than 3 bucks.The best treat for all the kids and I.

Sara said...

I am still a fan of good ol A&w over Sonic. They built one by my and I tried it and nothing beats thier desserts, but nothing beats a good old Bacon Cheese Burger from A&w. mmm mmm mmmm

Sherri said...

You are cute :)

*Monica said...

I grew up with Sonic and man do I miss it. We will have it in July in Florida!