Get Well Wishes for my Computer

Monday, June 15, 2009

My computer, my friend, is very sick. I first noticed the signs a couple days ago when she began to run slowly. Then came the green spots and lines across the screen. And the worse was when she fell completely silent, not wanting to turn on at all.

I was very worried about her. I called on Dr. Mike for help. After reviewing her symptoms and trying a few treatments with no prevail, it appears she may need to be sent away for further observation.

So I sadly, type away on someone else's computer. It's not mine. The keys feel different. It's not green like my computer. (I love green!) I miss her patiently waiting on the end table next to the couch, ready for me whenever I can steal away and enjoy a free moment. *sigh* I'm ready to have my friend back.

Until then, my blogging may be sporadic.

Wish her well!

A future blogger in training.

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Debbie said...

If it's green, I am assuming it is like mine that is red by the same company. Mine has needed 2 hard drives in less than 1 year. When they sent the second hard drive for me to install, it didn't work and they had to send a third one. I got very "friendly" with the men on the phone from India. I hope you don't get the run around I did. Good luck with getting your friend back.

Cayman's Daddy said...

This was Kristen in her sleep last night dreaming of getting her computer back.

"This is my friend.
See how it glistens.
See this one shine...
How he smiles in the light.
My friend.
My faithful friend...
Speak to me friend.
Whisper...
I'll listen.
I know, I know you've been locked
out of sight
all these years, like me
My friend...
well I've come home to find you waiting.
Home, and we're together!
And we'll do wonders.
Won't we?
You there, my friend?
Rest now, my friends.
Soon, I'll unfold you.
Soon you'll know splendors
You never have dreamed
all you days,
my lucky friend
'Til now your shine was merely silver.
Friend, you shall drip rubies, you'll soon drip precious rubies..
AT LAST! MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!"

Beth said...

OH NO!! I hope you get it fixed soon!! You can't not blog for long - what we do for our Cayman fixes!!!!! BTW - Love the future blogger picture!!! Fabulous!

Jill S. said...

Oh, I sure hope you don't go into withdrawls like I did...it was horrible!!! I hope you get your computer back soon, I'm going to miss your daily blogs. There must be something going around. First mine, then Sherri's, now yours. Yikes, hope it's not 'catchy'!

Oh, and I LOVE the picture of Cayman!

Lisa Christine said...

That picture of Cayman...priceless.

I am so sorry to hear that your beloved computer has fallen ill :) I wonder if Hallmark makes get well cards for computers? hmmm...

Unknown said...

hehehe.. First let me say that Cayman IS adorable! :D I'm soooo sorry to hear about your computer. I hope that it has a swift and complete recovery!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully cute little Cayman will take after her mommy in blogging and not her daddy...we are still waiting Mike!

Katie said...

GREAT PICTURE!

I am SO sorry about your computer. I am LOST when my laptop is on the fritz.

I like to type my thoughts better than speak them. I get too emotional with words...so some of my best conversations are on the computer.

I will anxiously await your return!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that photo of your future blogger...Cayman!