Video, Day 3 ~ Eating by Herself

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Today's video was filmed by Mike.

I now know why whenever he is in charge of feeding Cayman, how food ends up everywhere...in her hair, on the walls, on the floor...

In the beginning part of the video Cayman continuously picks up her wash cloth and brings it to her face. She does not put it in her mouth or chew on it. She just keeps putting it to her face. We think she might be trying to wipe her mouth with it like we do after she is finished eating.

Mike started to film this video from a far. Cayman did not know he was there. A little bit into the video Daddy speaks her name and she instantly looks up. She could just be responding to a voice breaking the silence but there has been enough encounters of her responding specifically to her name that we do feel confident that she does know it. Either way, it's always a comfort to see her react to noise. Remember back in the fall when the medical professionals thought she might have hearing issues?

Another unique part of the video is when Cayman's exploring and playing with all the items on her tray. When Daddy speaks to her, she sees him and holds out the item in her hand, as if to show him what's she got.

The absolute best part of the video though is when she tries to feed herself. She's a smart little cookie and figures it out. Spoon feeding herself is something that rarely happens. In this video is the first time she has ever done it.

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

I think Cayman may have her first boyfriend....Matthew just loves watching her! :)

Grandma S said...

I can't believe how big she's getting and how much she's doing. Of course, being part of our family, she was sure to find a way to get that food in her mouth. Although, most of us don't applaud ourselves for doing it! Before long, she'll be feeding the baby on the jar too. :)

The James Family said...

This is a great video - Cayman is so smart!! She is doing so great!! We miss you guys so much! Love ya!!

Diane said...

Way to go Cayman! I love it how she associates the word "Yeah" to clapping. I've seen it in other videos also. Too cute.

I can't wait to see tomorrows video.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Sherri said...

I think you should change the name of your blog to The Amazing Cayman Cindy!!! She's so awesome :)

Aunt Sam said...

she is wayy too cute!!! i love that she just throws her spoon so she can clap!! YAY CAYMAN!!! :)

Anonymous said...

that has got to be the cutest video EVER!!!! I ove how she gets so proud and claps for herself!!! I miss not being able to catch up with you on here!!! Eventually soon once we get all situated and back into a budget with our new house we will have our internet back up and running!!!! Can't wait!!!
We miss u guys!
Valerie, Nick and Ashalyn (and baby on the way!!!)

Mary said...

You had me in tears this morning. Cayman is so amazing to watch!! While I was watching her video Rex came over to watch. He wanted to know about the bandaid on her head so we were talking about how she had surgery and everything and he looks at me and says "well thats ok she's a cute baby - she is kinda like Riley cause he as Down syndrome. I love him just the way he is" When do people lose our ability to take things at face value and love things for what they are. I wish everyone could be so honest in their reactions to our kiddos.

Jill S. said...

Hee, Hee, I'm laughing so hard! I love how she immediately threw the spoon to clap! She knows when she does something good! Oh and to the previous commenter "tsquared 417" Cayman already is spoken for....by MY Matthew...she has a boyfriend...sorry! :)

Tara said...

Oh I love it! I just might have to do this too! LOL! She reminds me of Michelle when she first started feeding herself! I love it though!

Lisa Christine said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how advanced she is!!!!!!!!

That was amazing to watch! Just how she explores everything with her hands and how she was able to turn the spoon around.....WOW!!!!

Way to go Cayman!

oh yes, and I love how she clapped for herself!

Anonymous said...

That has to be the cutest video. I LOVE her smile when she hears how proud Mike is of her getting the spoon the correct way. And the toss of the spoon to clap was just priceless.

Way to go Cayman!!!!!

Sara said...

She isShe is soooo fun!!! Kadyn was sitting watching this with me and when Mike said YAY as soon as Cayman started clapping so did Kadyn!

Thats is awesome!!