Shunt Revision #5

Monday, April 13, 2009

Cayman's operation to revise her shunt is scheduled for 9 a.m. {Eastern Standard Time}.

Please be praying that there is no complications:

  • placing the distal end of her shunt. The surgical teams need to decide the best place for it-back into her heart or into her abdomen. A quick recap on these two matters: Back in June {Cayman's last shunt revision}, the Pediatric surgeon placed the distal end of the shunt into Cayman's abdomen, but the shunt failed because of the scar tissue Cayman had there from her previous surgery {Duodenal Atresia}. Two weeks later, they removed the shunt from the abdomen and tried to place it back into her heart but was unsuccessful, so they externalized her shunt for a day. They took her back to surgery and completely removed her shunt from the right side of her head and placed it onto her left side and was successful at getting it into her heart.
  • with Cayman's heart rate. While in the E.R. her heart rate kept dipping into some lower numbers {60's}. She is in moderate care right now {step down from the ICU} and her heart rate has been steady, so that's positive.



    Thank You!!

    Kristen and Mike

14 Showin' Comment Love:

My name is Sarah said...

We ere praying for a successful surgery for the beautiful Cayman and strength for the mommy and daddy.

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear Cayman is sick. We will have Cayman in our thoughts and prayers today and in the days following. We will also be praying for you and Mike! Stay strong!!

Lindsay said...

Sorry to hear that Caymans shunt failed. Praying for her and for yor strength!

Beth said...

I didn't check anyone's blog this weekend - I am so sorry to hear Cayman has to go through another surgery. Please know we are thinking and praying for Cayman and you and Mike!!!!

Josephine said...

I only just read about Cayman being back in the ER - I am so sorry to hear this, and I am praying for you all.

Ann said...

Praying for Cayman and you and Mike. God Bless!

Angela said...

I'm praying for you guys! There's a lot of love for one little girl and her family in this corner of MI :) (My mom is also a texting fiend keeping me updated!)

Love you guys!

(And you are beautiful even with a rash, Sugar Plum!)

Michelle said...

*hugs* You know you guys are in our thoughts and prayers as always!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear Cayman is having surgery. She will be in my prayers today.

Joany

Grandma Cindy and Aunt Maddie said...

Dear Kris and Mike - Prayers all over are going up in behalf for our precious Cayman and for your two! Wish we could be there. LOVE and PRAYERS continually XOXOXOXOXO

Kendra said...

Just catching this......Praying right now. Sending lots of hugs your way, for all three of you.

Mary said...

I was so sad to see these posts this morning. You will be in our prayers!!!

Diane said...

I am so sorry to hear about Cayman. I am praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery. I also pray that God gives Mike and you strength to get you through this time.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Hamza Zakir said...

i hope Cayman's surgery goes well....she will be in my prayers....