Ohio State Spring Game

Sunday, April 26, 2009

On Saturday we traveled to Columbus, OH to join Mike's family at The Ohio State University's Spring Game. On the way we picked up my brother {Uncle Tyson} and he joined us as well.

It was a beautiful day, very warm {85 degrees}, sunny, with a strong breeze that kept the hot day comfortable.

95,722 Buckeye fans showed up for the Spring Game, setting a new attendance record.

Here's a slideshow of the momentous day.



Before we opted to take Cayman out for the whole day, I called the Neurosurgeon's office just to make sure it was OK. I talked to the receptionist and left this message with her:

We would like to attend a college's football spring game and wanted to know if it was ok for Cayman to go with it only being 12 days post-op for her.

Notice I only said, "a college's football spring game." It felt a little awkward to call U of M and ask for "permission" to attend an Ohio State game. So I decided to leave out the extra details and go for the bare minimum. However, my plan did not work out so well.

A few hours later when the nurse practitioner returned my phone call, she asked where we were going.

She just had to ask.

The nurse practitioner had a good sense of humor and chuckled over my awkwardness.

She told me to have fun, Cayman was great to go, just keep a hat on to protect her scar from the sun, and she hopes both sides lose! :)

11 Showin' Comment Love:

Aunt Sam said...

GO BUCKEYES!!!! :)

Carey said...

Looks like you had a blast!! I have yet to go to a Spring game....maybe next year :) Working every Saturday is sometimes a real pain. Glad Cayman had a good time though!

My name is Sarah said...

PRICELESS!!! I have tears rolling down my checks this is so amazing. Great job on the video too. I posted a link for all our Buckeye followers too.

Diane said...

Your story about "asking permission" is too funny!! It looks like everyone had a great time and I love how Cayman was clapping during the game too.

Diane, Tyler's mom

P.S...I ordered plenty of pictures from our photo session.

*Monica said...

I love she was clapping for the band! As a former band nerd, she just won my heart.

ok, she HAD it already, but ya know what I mean.

The James Family said...

Only Cayman could make that OSU outfit look cute!! :) GO BLUE!!

Lisa Christine said...

Thats so funny that you didn't want to mention what game you were attending! ha!

Glad Cayman got the OK to go!

Jill S. said...

Wow, it looks like Cayman had a full day!! She looks like she did so good!

Ryan Miller said...

Great video Kristen!! I'm really impressed with how you timed the music seamlessly into the actual live band music! Looks like you had a great time and I'm happy to see Cayman looking healthy and happy (and looking really good in a BUCKEYE outfit)!

Andrea Pietrykowski said...

It looks like you had a fun day at OSU. Cayman looks adorable in her OSU outfit!!

Rashel and A.D. said...

love the girls little cheerleading outfits!