It's Official

Friday, April 24, 2009

In the last week I have talked to the Orthotics Clinician, the P.T., and the O.T. It was a unanimous response...

no more helmet for Cayman

Cayman returned to therapy this week for the first without the helmet since February. Her P.T. and O.T. marveled over the difference in Cayman's cooperativeness and happiness.There is a small bit of disappointment that the helmet did not work out.

The clinician suggested referring her to a surgeon that could perform cosmetic surgery to fix her bumpy forehead. But in my opinion, who cares about a bumpy forehead. There are so many things in life that have great value, and my thoughts are outward appearance is not one of them!

It's official...Cayman is beautiful just the way she is!!

15 Showin' Comment Love:

Kendra said...

Yay for Cayman. She looks so happy in the picture.

Grandma Cindy said...

No bandage on the head!! Yea! Doesn't she look so strong and grown up. I think she is changing her looks again - not such a baby look but still as beautiful as ever! XOXOXO

Grandma S said...

I have Cayman's picture here on my computer along with Sidney and CeCe's. So, everyday I can look at their adorable little faces. What a lucky grandma I am!

Beth said...

What bumpy forehead!! I see a beautiful little girl who as defied all the odds!!!! She is beautiful and yay for no more helmet making her feel bad!!!

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree. As for outward appearances, I've yet to see anyone cuter than Cayman! :)

Jill S. said...

Yay for no more helmet. As for appearances, I think you are spot on! Matthew thinks she's beautiful, so no worries!

Tara said...

Ahhhh she is beautiful no matter what! She looks so happy playing at therapy!

Amy J. said...

Your perspective is so refreshing. And the title of your blog says it all, she is beautiful...just the way God intended her to be. :)

The James Family said...

She is so beautiful just the way she is!! Cayman is God's definition of perfection!! :) I miss her so much!! Tell Mike you need to come visit me! :) Love ya!

*Monica said...

I know that must have been a hard decision, but she looks so happy. You did good, Mom and she is gorgeous just as she is.

Lisa Christine said...

She is beautiful....and perfect....just as she is :)

Diane said...

Great decision. I think she s perfect just the way she is.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Sara said...

Cayman has always been beautiful just the way she is. Helmet or not helmet bumpy or not bumpy she is beautful!!

Kacey Bode said...

Amen to that!! She is a beauty!!

Anonymous said...

I agree she looks beautiful with or without her helmet.

But saying that, great to hear she doesn't need it now.