Back Online

Friday, March 13, 2009

I usually keep each post to a single subject but since I have been offline for a week and there are so many fun things I could write about, I think I will just allow this post to jump around a bit.

Our move into our house last Saturday went great, and we have enjoyed each day getting further and further settled in. If there are any house project updates I will post them on my other blog Just Five More Minutes.

Moving onto my favorite subject updates...Cayman!

I will start with yesterday's exciting event!!

Completely by herself, Cayman picked her bottle up, stuck it in her mouth, and fed herself. It was such a cute site to see! I did not know she was capable and she did it so well as if she has always been doing it!

Now get this, when Cayman is in our arms she has always refused to hold her bottle which is why I was completely shocked to see Cayman pick it up by herself.

She knows how to work her people. Just like a little princess, she has servants.

Oh no!!! It's empty!!!

Cayman is making some slow, but sure progress in physical therapy. She seems to really like her new therapist, Miss Jody and responds well to her. The goals we are working toward is sitting unsupported, standing supported, and putting pressure through her hands.

Doesn't she look so big?


Once we have our scanner up and running I will post Cayman's one year pictures we had the photographer take.

21 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

I must say that the first picture of Cayman with the bottle in her mouth is absolutely the cutest thing EVER! You can tell she has this grin underneath the bottle as though she's trying to prove to u how big of a girl she is, like haha mom and dad, i sure have fooled you!!! What a huge accomplishment! WAY TO GO CAYMAN!!!!!!
Love ya,
Valerie

Josephine said...

Oh well done Cayman! It's funny that she's probably been holding out on you because she likes you to feed her! She's been hiding skills from you!! She looks so sweet and grown up in the PT photos :)

Nicole said...

You go Cayman!! Can't wait for Emily to start picking up her bottle. Glad to hear everything is well

Anonymous said...

Now why would she want to hold her own bottle when Mummy and Daddy do it for her? Geez :)

Oh the fun of manipulation has only just begun. Wait until you see her only do certain things for certain people and not for others. It never ceases to amaze me how they figure that out at such a young age!!!

Keep up the good work Cayman!

Lisa Christine said...

Holding her own bottle!!! Dare I say I am a bit jealous! Lizzy wouldn't even consider that!

I am so glad that you are getting settled in. Has Cayman adjusted well to the move or can she tell things are different?

Kristen said...

Lisa,

Cayman has adjusted nicely to our house. I think she did notice the change for the first couple of nights. She would be up til 1 a.m., or if she did go to bed at a decent hour she then woke up in the middle of the night. At the Taj she slept in a Pack N Play, but she's back in her crib now and in her very own room for the first. I think that part was more of an adjustment for Mike and I. I thought of your post about Lizzy when you moved her to the girls' room. She feels so far away.

Jill S. said...

Kristen,

Glad to see your 'back up' again! We missed you! Hope you're loving your new house! Cayman is doing so well! Keep up the good work!

Sherri said...

She DOES look so big! That is so exciting that she is holding her own bottle now! YAAY! It will really free up some time for Mommy, too (although I'm sure you might miss feeding her a little bit). About the sippy cup thing---Miles ran into the same problem. At the time his OT was pushing for us to get him drinking out of a sippy cup, he had just figured out how to hold a bottle on his own, so we waited. I figure- he's not going to be drinking from a bottle forever and why confuse him! Go with your gut :) Can not wait to see more photos!!

*Monica said...

What a big girl! I love her grin in the last photo...like she knows a secret!

I am so glad you guys are getting settled in. Life is so much nicer with stability.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I love how Cayman kicks her legs because she is so excited when she gets her bottle.

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

OH welcome to the world of children. They will learn to milk any adult for all they are worth! I can't believe how big she is getting. I won't get to see a tiny Cayman when I see her that is for sure! Thanks for the invite to the party. Even though we can't get up there I love new "baby cayman" (as Kaiden calls her) for my fridge.

Diane said...

Oh my gosh!! How cute is that video. I love how she gets so excited for herself. I believe our kiddos like to hold out on us and we don't realize how much they know and can do. I also love the photo where she is sitting on the bolster. She looks so big! I can't wait to see her 1 year photos.

Way to go Cayman!!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

She's doing so GREAT!!! You must be so proud...I remember vividly the first time Olivia could feed herself her bottle...it's a big day! And Cayman does look big...like a 1 year old! :)

Anonymous said...

Cayman, I just listened to your Mommy's song "Amazing". That is exactly what you are and a precious GREAT niece. Love the pics and how you have Mom and Dad under control! :o)) LOVE YOU! See you all next Saturday.

GAL

Kacey Bode said...

YAY Cayman!!! Ella was like that too, didn't hold her bottle till she turned 1 and then (and still at 2 1/2)won't hold her bottle if we are holding her. I think these girls are a bit SPOILED : ) Glad you are back online!!

Anonymous said...

Great work Cayman!

Love seeing her legs kick in the video when she picks up the bottle.

Unknown said...

Welcome back!

Great job Cayman! She is so adorable! My hubby Ken and I love to watch her progress! :D :D

Zoe

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! She's getting so big, I can't belive what a big girl she looks like when she's sitting up. Keep up the great work Cayman (and Mommy!)

Anonymous said...

Aww, she looks so proud of herself...and rightly so! I absolutely love her little smile. Way to go Cayman!! She's so amazing. :o)

Mary said...

Wow what a big acomplishement. She is making so much progress. Her therapist must love working with such a little cutie.

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

She looks so adorable showing her excitement by kicking those legs.

She's pulling a fast one on your guys by holding out on you!! So sweet!

She looks like she's working really hard to make her Mommy and Daddy proud at PT! GO Cayman!