Little Mirror

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cayman loves this little compact mirror. It came in a toy purse that she got for Christmas from Grandma Sue and Grandpa.

Mostly she chews on it, but lately she has started to look into the mirror as well.

The first day she did this, Cayman was quite occupied chewing on her mirror and gazing into it at the same time she did not notice me standing next to her. I peeked over top of her til I could view Cayman's image in the mirror and my image was reflected back to her. I held that pose with an anticipating smile on my face waiting to see if Cayman would figure it out that she was viewing me in the mirror. She intently and very seriously stared into the mirror, then suddenly burst out laughing.

I guess she figured it out!

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

It is so much fun to watch kids figure things out for the first time. I love to watch their faces and reactions when they finally get it. :)

Lisa Christine said...

That's wonderful! She really is doing great Kristen! I look at her holding that mirror with both hands and chewing on it and I think 'Wow'! Elisabeth would never do that. In fact, Elisabeth needs to figure out that there is a reason that she has a left hand and start USING it :) Would you please tell Cayman to have a little chat with her and explain all the benefits of using BOTH hands? THanks :) (LOL)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Olivia became obsessed with a set of keys that came in a purse...and then they broke and I can't ever find the perfect ones. I've tried! I love it that she laughed when she saw the 2 of you in there...so sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

Cayman you are so amazing!!!! You never cease to amaze us! XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

i love this picture!! She is so big, sweet, and adorable!!!

Kris, I went searching for u on facebook because i got rid of myspace and would u believe there are 4 other Kristen Stamm's that have facebook and not one of them is u?!

since u dont have either, ill tell ya here, Ashalyn is on her way to a being a big sister, SURPRISE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Cindy,

Yes, Cayman is amazing.... But she can't read yet, so she won't be able to read your comment to her for a while. You should just have us tell her for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I haven't read your blog for awhile and she is looking so good!! What a happy looking cutie pie.

Diane said...

She is getting so big. Tyler had a mirror that he loved. It came with his activity mat, so it had a soft material around it and he chewed on that mirror and loved to look at himself in it all the time. He never wanted to let go of it. It got so bad and mangled that we ended up throwing it away. I could never find another one and I wasn't going to buy another $60 activity mat just for the mirror. That would be one expensive mirror.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

to Cayman's Daddy.... Go back to work....

Jill S. said...

That is such a cute picture. Cayman really is doing do well!
She never ceases to amaze me!

Jill S. said...

i meant so well, not do well! Sorry guess I can't type today!

Jill S. said...

i meant so well, not do well! Sorry guess I can't type today!