Our House

Monday, January 26, 2009

I am happy to invite you on a tour of our new house.

Well technically, it will become ours on Feb. 23rd, when we close.

Now keep in mind, I said the decor is stuck in the 1950's so I hope your expectations aren't too high. In fact it took me the second time around to look past it and fall in love.

Either way, we hope you feel welcomed as we warmly invite you on a tour of our house.

And feel free to share your makeover ideas you might have.

Here's the front of the house. Definitely needs some curb appeal. I look forward to having an attached garage.
There's a small foyer through the front door. Step up and you enter into the living room. I am ecstatic to have a fireplace with a mantle! And look, white crown molding!!
Just beyond the living room is the dining room. I love the built-in china cabinets.
Through the dining room is the family room with patio doors to the fenced in back yard. The built-in bookshelves are fun. I will have to take a Pottery Barn class on how to stage the shelves so they look classy and not cluttered.
Adjacent to the dining room is the eat-in kitchen. Through the kitchen is access to the basement and garage.
Down the hallway is three bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

This is the main bathroom. I like the size of it. It's roomy. Above the beautiful gray tile there is wallpaper like I have never seen before. I wish I had a close up of it to share with you. It is velvet textured and everything!!
The other bathroom, which is the master has this awesome whirlpool tub. It will be enjoyed by our tired muscles after all the updates are done.That completes our tour. Thank you for stopping by!

20 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

I see a Buckeye bathroom coming with that gray tile. In fact, I saw an OSU shower curtain over the weekend and thought of all of the possibilities.

Your new house looks so comfortable. I can't wait to have a real tour.

Lisa Christine said...

Kristen.....I love it! And I do think it has curb appeal...it's beautiful! My favorite parts

1. I love white houses
2. The built in hutch
3. The built in shelves (love them!)
4. It seems huge...one room leads to the next.
5. That tub...need I say more?

Congrats! Think of all the wonderful memories that you will be making there :)

Jill S. said...

Kristen,

By your earlier description, I was picturing something WAY different, this house is super cute! My favorite- the bookshelves! I love bookshelves. And coordinating baskets would be cute- I on the other hand have SO many books, I think I'd fill them to the brim. I think some color is what you need, maybe that's it! And paint is cheap; I hate painting, but hopefully you like it?? The carpet doesn't even look offending or crazy. You can really just move in!

The tub is great! I would love a jacuzzi tub!

I think maybe the only other thing I'd do is invest in some pretty curtains with color if you have the finances. Your a great decorator Kristen, and I think it will be beautiful, just like yourself, as soon as you move in!

Cayman will love the grass, too!

Jill

Sherri said...

Wow! It is gorgeous! Congratulations. I love all of the built-ins and mouldings. I can NOT wait to see what it looks like once you get all of your things in place. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm still excited. :)

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

From your previous post, I was expecting something else... but I love it! I see a lot of potential.
First, I love the curb appeal. I'm with Lisa - White houses are adorable. The look so clean sitting on a nice, green lawn. It looks very inviting!
Second, the built-in are awesome. I too wish I had a Pottery barn class to go to. I want my house to look out of catalog, but always stumble on bookshelves.
Thirdly, is that a rotary phone on the kitchen counter? See if you can get the sellers to add that to the contract... Although it is a vintage so it might add a few $$ onto the sale price, so nevermind!!

Every thing I see has potential and it will be fun to see what comes of everything.

Great job on finding such a good home with great bones!!! Enjoyed the tour!

Nicole said...

Congrats on your new house! Love the built ins. Not sure if you got my email...but I had sent an email to you about my daughter Emily and where I found your blog and whatnot. Hope all is well.

Shannon said...

Congratulations! I love the house! Built in shelves and china cabinets = HUGE bonus! And that tub...words cannot express. :) I'm (unfortunately) totally untalented when it comes to interior decorating, but I can tell this place has a lot of potential to be worked into lots of different styles. (I even like it as it is...old-fashioned though it may be.) Have fun with it!!!

Jennifer said...

You are going to have a BEAUTIFUL house! It's going to be fun to update and and make it your own! Keep us updated. Thanks for the info about your nutrapath! I'm going to contact him after Savannah has her allergy appt.

Jennybell said...

It's a cute home. We live in Ohio too and a local home decorating store had an OSU bathroom all set up, toilet seat, wallpaper the works. Now about the carpet in the living room, is it the light blue stuff? We had that when moved in our house and it picks up dirt like you wouldn't believe! I'd replace it before you even move in if possible! It was impossible to keep clean! We lived with for years but finally got it changed. The built ins are adorable! The charm of older homes can't be duplicated!

Unknown said...

What a great house! So Retro. :) The gray tile in the bathroom is beautiful! It really looks like a great "space." I can't wait to see how you decorate it.

*Monica said...

I am so so happy for you!! I love all the built ins!

Kacey Bode said...

YAY!! I like it, it has a lot of charm!!! We close on the 20th, funny huh? I so know what you mean about the friend thing. I talk about you and Cayman all the time, I'll start with "my friend Kristin...." Hunter knows Cayman's name and always asks what she is doing when he sees me on her blog. Even though we haven't met I of course feel like I know you : )

Mary said...

Congrats!!! I am a little partial to that retro charm. I lived with a pink bathroom for close to two years. I mean pepto pink everything even tile to match the nasty pink potty. The layout of the house is nice and you'll make it your own so quickly. Enjoy! I'm sure my hubby is relieved you live in Ohio I've offered him up to help Kacey and her family move around the same time.

Anonymous said...

so i was definately expecting the walls to be orange, peach and brown with huge swirly wallpaper or huge flowers. i love this house actually......on a selfish note, kinda wish we found it!!!! But it fits you guys perfect. I cannot wait to be in a house very soon!!!!!! A little jealous I must say!!! Got a job in Bryan, now just waiting to accept it....iM really holding out on one in defiance at the church, have in interview there Wednesday, but maybe someday we could meet up and i can finally see Cayman, it has been forever, and u of course too! Valerie

Anonymous said...

so i was definately expecting the walls to be orange, peach and brown with huge swirly wallpaper or huge flowers. i love this house actually......on a selfish note, kinda wish we found it!!!! But it fits you guys perfect. I cannot wait to be in a house very soon!!!!!! A little jealous I must say!!! Got a job in Bryan, now just waiting to accept it....iM really holding out on one in defiance at the church, have in interview there Wednesday, but maybe someday we could meet up and i can finally see Cayman, it has been forever, and u of course too! Valerie

Anonymous said...

oh and the bathroom ....Grandma S said something about an osu shower curtian.......there's a guy on ebay, i'd have to look up who it is.....who sells brand new collegiate bathroom sets, rugs, curtains, toothpaste holders, toilet seat, etc. if u r interested in the osu bathroom. i think the set runs about $40.
valerie

Stephanie said...

I love the house. Especially all the built in's.

Krissy said...

Wow, your new house looks awesome!! I LOVE that whirlpool!
Its a really beautiful home. You will have so many happy memories made there!

Mrs. Smith said...

Love the house tour! My head would be swimming with possibiliteis, too! My favorite thing is the built in book shelves.... WOW! It seems very spacious! Look forward to seeing all the renovations! Watch lots of shows for ideas, Curb Appeal, Trading Spaces, Flip that House I think is another one. Enjoy!