The Taj

Friday, December 19, 2008

It's been two days and two nights living in the duplex. I am not exactly loving it.
We have learned that the duplex has a nickname. It's referred to as "The Taj", short for the Taj mahal that is. It's a joke of course. As lovely and elaborate the Taj mahal is, the duplex is equally unlovely. There are pictures of the Taj mahal hanging in every room. Someone has a good sense of humor. I'm glad the pictures are there. They make me smile.

It is difficult for me to settle in and adjust to a temporary living situation and not having my stuff easily assessable has me feeling frustrated.

The best part about living in "The Taj" is the 15 second walk it is for Mike to get to work. He has eaten lunch with us everyday.

Cayman is fully adjusted to our new place. As soon as I got her toys out she was happy and has not seemed to notice the change. Ordinarily when we are in a new place she becomes very quiet and gets a glazed over look on her face. I'm sure she was wondering what her parents were thinking the first night when we put her in a drawer to sleep. We didn't bring her crib. Yesterday evening we picked up Grandma Sue's pack-n-play and Cayman slept much better in it than the drawer.

We've been searching out our options here from house hunting to apartment renting. There's several different directions we could go. With lots of prayer and the help of our "Pro/Con" lists we hope to to decide which is the best and right choice for us.

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Jill S. said...

It is nice to be close to work. Steve's old job (did I really just type old?) was blocks away and he could just ride his bike. It was nice to have him home for lunch everyday. It hopefully will help your transition, since you were used to having him home all the time.
Happy house/apartment hunting again! The nice thing about it is you quickly learn what you like/don't like in a home and it helps pick a better home next time!
I agree with your email, this year sure was memorable, but lets not do it again, okay!

Jill

Tara said...

Ah the "Taj". I remember our first base housing. I just about cried when I saw how tiny the inside was. I don't really know what I was truely expecting but it sure wasn't a box. I just kept reminding myself... Were all together and happy.. It worked until I discovered how much it rained in Washington. That didn't help too much! Good luck with house/apartment hunting!

*Monica said...

Sadly, I wish you had taken "cayman in drawer" pictures. I would have rolled laughing.

Kristen said...

Monica~
If I remember tomorrow, I'll put Cayman in the drawer and take a picture just for you. :o)

Lisa Christine said...

The Taj...someone did have a sense of humor :)

Hang in there.

Merry Christmas!

Sara said...

I had to chuckle when you mentioned she slept in a drawer. Hehe. That would be so cute to see!

Luckly it's just temporary. I wouldn't beable to live in a small apartment forever.

Sara said...

I had to chuckle when you mentioned she slept in a drawer. Hehe. That would be so cute to see!

Luckly it's just temporary. I wouldn't beable to live in a small apartment forever.

Diane said...

Just keep thinking of the Taj and hopefully it won't seem as long.

Happy house/apartment hunting.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

Picture of the Taj and NOT Cayman???!!! What are you thinking??? Us Grandmas LOVE pictures of our beautiful princess!!!