Mike's 1st Day of Work

Monday, December 15, 2008

Our apartment felt so strange with Mike gone all day. It's never stayed so clean for so long....HA, just kidding Mike.

Since the end of August Mike has been home everyday with us. I could hardly wait for him to walk through the door I missed him so much! He really enjoyed his first day. He even has his own office. I'm hoping he will allow me to add some homey touches to it. I've already been thinking about what pictures to get printed and framed for his desk.

Mike checked out the company's duplex that we are going to move into. He took a video of the place so I could see where we are going to live. Do you remember when I said small? Well think small, then think smaller than that and you have it pictured correctly! That doesn't disappointment me as much as not having a dishwasher or washer and dryer. I'll be roughing it for awhile. It does have the internet though. I'm sure I'll have interesting stories to blog about our stay at the duplex.

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Ann said...

I'm glad Mike had a good 1st day. I'm sure he will let you put up some pictures. I understand the roughing it. Our 1st apartment didn't have a dishwasher and by the end of that year I was so excited to move. God bless you!

Jill S. said...

I'm glad that Mike's first day went well. Good thing that it's just the three of you without a dishwasher. I don't think I'd ever get my hands out of the dishwater! Hopefully the time will go fast, or with rent free, you can afford take out :) Good luck with your move! I hope it's relatively low anxiety. Matthew thinks you didn't move close enough to him though. ;)

*Monica said...

Dishwasher, eh, but no WASHER/DRYER?!?! You poor poor thing. Congrats on the great first day of work!

Mary said...

Congrats! So now that he has officially started and you know where you will be living is it starting to seem more real and do able for you? I know it was really stressing you for a while?

Sherri said...

Glad to hear his first day was a good one! Your duplex sounds like the first place Joe and I lived in after we were married! The bedroom was so small, we couldn't pull our dresser drawers out all the way! But that cozy little duplex held lots of cozy memories. I'm sure you will make your new home a fabulous, warm place to be!

Lisa Christine said...

Glad his first day went well :)

And even if the duplex is small and 'primative' keeping telling yourself "it's free!". How wonderful is that!

Anonymous said...

Wow...no washer, dryer or dishwasher...you will be roughing it! :) I'm glad he had a good first day. Maybe you can crochet his a cozy for his tissue box to remind him of you! :) I love the ponchos you made for your cousins (I think it was cousins?) too...they are too cute...I still want to order a hat and now a poncho for Olivia...I'll probably wait for her birthday since it's so close to xmas. :)

Anonymous said...

You can bring your dirty clothes to our house and use our washer and dryer. I'll babysit while you do laundry. (Notice that I didn't volunteer to do the laundry for you.)

Kristin said...

My husband recently took a job that had us moving from Idaho to Missouri over Thanksgiving break. When he flew down over Halloween to sign his contract he had about 4 hours to find us a place to live. He videotaped it and I thought it looked okay...doable. That is until we go here and the house is much older and very runned down. The bathrooms are super small and desperately need to be gutted. It's been an adjustment, but we're saving money with a cheap rent. Hopefully we too will be moving in 6 months or so.