Steps to Sitting

Monday, November 17, 2008

You might remember this corner chair Cayman had over the summer that gave her the assistance she needed to sit up.
Then she graduated to the BeBe Pod once she was able to hold her head up by herself.Her head control has improved enough that we can now focus more on her trunk strength.
This is her latest prop. It is a Lean on Me Bolster from One Step Ahead. It's a lot of work for her. She doesn't quite make it a single minute in it before she topples over but she tries hard. You'll see that in the video.

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Aimee said...

Way to go Cayman! Keep up the hard work! I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

she is wayyy too cute!! hopefully i will see ya all on thanksgiving!! miss you guys! :)

Kacey Bode said...

Yay Cayman!! So cute!! I love hearing your mommy voice talking to Cayman : )

Anonymous said...

I believe she learned that move from Grandpa. I've seen him topple over like that a time or two.

Josephine said...

It's so great being able to so clearly see the progress she has made in these photos! I love the expression on her face just before she topples in the video - so cute :)

Beth said...

That is awesome!! She is one hard worker!!!!

Sherri said...

Cayman is awesome!!! She is doing so well :)

Anonymous said...

woohoo cayman! i have to say on a selfish note, i'm glad my computer is fixed and working faster. Georgiana really really missed coming on here. She was "translating" for me when she watched the video. "baby happy. happy mommy. baby. sitting. uh oh baby. it's okay." i love kids abilities to make you smile no matter what. looking forward to checking all your posts again!
amy k

Cheryl said...

I'm soooo impressed with her progress. I love watching your blog. Cayman is beautiful. Still praying for Mike's work.
Cheryl

Lisa Christine said...

Wow! She is really progressing! That's fabulous!

I haven't seen one of those seats before...I think it would be great to help Elisabeth build strength too. I'll look into it...

Anonymous said...

way to go Cayman!! We are so proud of u!!

And the hat Kris, we got it and love it!! Ashalyn looks darling in it!! Thanks again!!!!!

And we are more than willing to reimburse ya!! u think?

Love ya!
Valerie

Aimee said...

I commented yesterday, so this one is just to TAG you. Come check out my blog sometime!

Jill S. said...

Good job Cayman! What progress in a short amount of time!!! She's doing so awesome!