My Thankful List

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Most days I feel like I must be the most blessed woman on earth.

Mike is a wonderful husband that listens so well to my needs and cares deeply for me.

Cayman is my precious girl and I feel how dear each day with her is when only a year ago we weren't certain if she'd still be with us.

I have my days though. Today was one of them.

Perhaps it was from being stuck inside all day. Or it could have been from spending most of my time organizing Cayman's medical files (something I should have done a long time ago). The many phone calls I made today scheduling new doctor appointments could have done it. Or perhaps it was the phone call Mike received saying they hired someone else.

Whatever it was I found myself having to pull back from the bitter anger I felt and reflect on all that I have to be thankful for.

I made a list:

  • Mike, my dearest friend.
  • Cayman. I wanted to be a mom so bad and this little girl made that dream come true!
  • God-for His unending love and wisdom.
  • My mom-the strongest and wisest woman I know.
  • My family.
  • Mike's family-an awesome group of people that are a lot of what God intended a family to be.
  • Our apartment-even though I miss living in a house, I am grateful that this apartment cushions our needs very comfortably.
  • Spending more time with Mike since his lay-off. I adore this man. I could still spend 24/7 with him.
  • My brother-for always being able to make me laugh.
  • Our home church family. Their love and prayers have made such a difference in our lives. We don't get to see them very often. We now attend a church that is closer to where we are living.
  • Our Tuesday night Bible study group. Such awesome people that only add to the reasons why we don't want to say goodbye if Mike has to relocate for a job.
  • My blog family - Our readers, our commenters, the friends I have made through this blog...you have all helped me grow and be a better person. Many of you have thanked me for sharing our life with you, but really we thank you for reading and caring about our life. It's meant so much.
That's not where my list stops. I could keep going on but it's time for this mama to get some sleep and start tomorrow with a good attitude.


"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." - Anne of Green Gables

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing. I definitely have times when I forget all that I have to be thankful for. Sorry to hear about the job. God knows! I am thankful for your friendship too. Perhaps one of these days we will have the opportunity to meet!

Stephanie said...

You have inspired me to think of all the things I am thankful for.
Thank you.
p.s. I love Anne of Green Gables.

Anonymous said...

Can i remind you of how much you are thankful for me when i leave my clothes on the floor? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you, Kristen, when I realize you are the one that has to pick up Cayman's Daddy's clothes and not me any longer.

Anonymous said...

um, you forgot to be thankful youre not a m*ch*gan fan.......

per discussion with Mike, Wii-a-thon is making round II...I will be at Mom and Dad's til Monday and I'm not sure if I can keep my sanity spendig all THREE nites there,,, your couch is MINE!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you...it's so easy to get caught up in the bitter anger...it's great to take this approach instead. :)

Jill S. said...

What a great list! I need to do the same! So sorry to hear about Mike's job. I'm sure this is frustrating! I finally got your package in the mail today! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my Sis-in law, KRISTEN!!!! :):)

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my wonderful family - even my only son- even though he doesn't want to spend time with me (sniff, sniff) Maybe he's already insane. Hey, does this mean I need to start a blog and get even by putting pictures and "facts" on it about him???? Hmmmm