Scrap Page

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Mothers' Milk Bank of Ohio has a memory book as a way to honor all the donors. Each donor can contribute a scrap page to this memory book as a meaningful commemoration of their donation if they so choose to do.

An excuse to scrapbook?...heck yeah I'll do it!!!

Here's my finished page.
And here's what happens when Mike puts me in charge of baking cookies while I am scrapbooking. Whoops!

15 Showin' Comment Love:

Shannon said...

Kristen, what does the scrapbook page say?

The other Shannon

Josephine said...

It's a beautiful page. I looked into donating when Avery was tiny, but there isn't a bank near here...it seemed such a waste because I had so much more milk than she needed! I'm glad you were able to do that!

Sara said...

Mmmmmm those cookies look yummy :-) lol. Just a little burnt around the edges :-).

Your scrape book page is sooooo adorable!!!!

Sherri said...

What a cute page! I want to know what it says, too! And I can NOT wait to see your stockings!!!

Mary said...

Just a hint to those who cant see it. I clicked on it and the picture enlarged enough to read it.

It is a beautiful page. Multi talented aren't you. Kacey and my nanny Christina are planning a girls scrapbooking day. I hope being with creative people will help be get Rex's baby book finished. Yes, he is 6!

Anonymous said...

you are so talented Kris! at scrap booking that is...you might wanna work on your baking skills! hehe! miss you guys!!! :):)

Jill S. said...

Are you knitting your stockings?? I have a really cool custom 'fair isle' stocking pattern that I could send to you. You put in names and different images in each stocking. Oh, I wonder if I have time to make six?? Probably not :) I'll send it to you if you want. It's pretty cool! Oh and love the scrapbook page. You are super talented!

Anonymous said...

I never need an excuse to scrapbook either! The page is beautiful---is that your handwriting? Amazing! I really like the new pictures of Cayman...she is so adorable!

Kristen said...

Tiffany-
That is my handwriting on the page, but I have a little trade secret I'll share with you. I first type it all in Word to the size font I want to fit my scrapbook page. Print that out on regular white printer paper. I put that paper and my scrapbook cardstock on top of a light box and write over top of each typed word. It comes out as my handwriting but the words are perfectly lined up. :o) My mom always taught me, "Don't work harder, just work smarter."

Anonymous said...

okay, so this reminds me......would u ever be interested in taking a day away for scrapbooking? I'm involved in the scrapbooking outreach ministry at my church and every first saturday of the month a bunch of Christian women get together and scrapbook. It goes from 9am til midnight, u can stay as long as u want!!! Let me know!! There are lots of cricuts there that people are usually more than willing to let u use and trust me they make for some amazing pages that u can finish quickly!! I guess just let me know if its something u'd be interested in ever!!!
Valerie

The Donald said...

Since I actually like cookies that are overdone, those look mighty tasty to me!

Kacey Bode said...

Great scrapbook page, sad looking cookies! I would strongly encourage you to make hats and sell them, they would do great!!! I would definely send people your way!!! You asked about how I did the header on my blog, ha ha ha. I am so computer dumb it's not funny. As far as I remember I uploaded the pics in Paintshop, shrunk them down, positioned them how I wanted and then saved it as one picture. You will notice that the pics are about a year old, it's been awhile!

Anonymous said...

Looks like cookies my mom would make :)

Lisa Christine said...

That page is lovely!

Anonymous said...

lol. I thought those were hamburgers before I read the caption. hahaha. hey you tried!!