Surgery Plans

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our day in Ann Arbor started at 8:30 a.m. and was finally over at 5 p.m.

It was terribly exhausting with a lot of waiting on doctors and technicians.

Cayman took 3 very long naps today (very unlike her). But all the tests are over and now all that's left is surgery tomorrow at 11:30 a.m.

The first day and night after surgery Cayman will be in the ICU on a respirator. They're going to keep her pretty sedated so she can recover well with as little stress on her body. Then, if all goes well, they will extubate her and move her to the general care floor on Saturday. She'll likely be in the hospital until Monday or Tuesday.

Cayman will be allowed visitors. Mike and I welcome that...never obligated, but always welcomed. If you do plan to come, please give us a call. We would be so sad to discover we missed your visit because we had stepped out for a bite to eat or something. If you don't have our cell numbers email me and I'll send them to you. My email address is

kris_lmt@yahoo.com

There's different parts of the hospital where we have no cell phone reception, so be sure to leave a message because sometimes it's just a matter of walking down a short hallway to get full bars.

The social worker got us a room at the Med Inn, which is a hotel that adjoins to the hospital.

As soon as we stepped on the floor of the Med Inn today I felt completely at ease. I'm so happy to be staying there.

6 Showin' Comment Love:

my life: said...

praying....

Diane said...

I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers tomorrow.

Tyler's mom,
Diane

Sherri said...

So glad to hear you are feeling "at ease". We will be praying hard for your little petunia :) For an uneventful weekend, perfect healing and little pain.

Kacey Bode said...

Glad today is over with for you, hope everything goes wonderfully tomorrow. I will definetly be praying for you guys!!

We got Ella's hat in the mail today, I LOVE IT!!! You are so sweet, I put some pics up on my blog of her wearing it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Mary said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling at ease with things. The waiting room is the worst part - stop chewing your nails when you get to your fingers :-) I'll be thinking about you guys this weekend and saying lots of extra prayers. Give Cayman a big kiss from your blogging family. We'll all be anxiously awaiting updates on how well she is doing.

Stephanie said...

Cayman Do good today in surgery. We and the angels are all praying for you.
Kristen and Mike prayers for you both to be comforted.