Preparing for Surgery

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Monday the Cardiologist office called to discuss further details about Cayman's surgery on Friday. We'll be heading to Ann Arbor on Thursday for the pre-op tests. They will do a chest x-ray and the doctor will exam her. The surgery is scheduled for late morning Friday. The nurse went over the details of what would be taking place. While I do prefer to know and understand the procedure I don't like having days preceding the event to keep rolling it over and over in my mind. Whenever my thoughts get stuck on Friday morning's event I just move them to next week from now and think about all the ways we will see this surgery help Cayman feel better.

This is the first time we have had time to "prepare" for one of Cayman's surgeries. Most of her other surgeries happened by emergency.

If I have time to prepare you can be certain I have made a to do list.

"Things to get done before we leave for the hospital":

  • do laundry
  • pay bills
  • go to the post office
  • pack
  • cut Cayman's fingernails
  • take out all the trashes (I want no disturbing smells greeting us when we get back home)
  • clean the bathroom
  • vacuum all the rooms
I love returning home to a clean, organized house.

8 Showin' Comment Love:

Lisa Christine said...

Whenever we leave out of town I make sure the house is spotless. You are right, it's the best feeling to arrive home and have e everything in order.

Happy thoughts your way :)

Carey said...

clean and organized...two things i love coming home to as well :) i will be praying things go well with surgery. cayman is strong and i'm sure she will do outstanding!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you...we've only had 2 surgeries but that was enough! I'll send good thoughts your way!

Beth said...

I do love returning to a clean house - at least a neat one!

We are thinking and praying that all goes well with Cayman's surgery!!!!!

Tara said...

Preparing is way harder than an emergency. To prepare for something is knowing there is more room for uncertainty. Like you said this is going to make Cayman better. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary said...

I will certainly be thinking of you guys this week. If you need to burn some more stress you are always welcome to come clean and organize my house. It is always in need of it. I always have good intentions to get the to do list done and it just rarely ever is complete done. But then you have seen the video of Hurricane Riley and that does explain some of my issues.

Kacey Bode said...

I don't know which would be better, not preparing or preparing, neither sounds good. We will be praying for you all!

Sending love!

Jessie said...

We'll be praying for all of you!
Jess and family.